Friday, August 15, 2008

EMOTIONALLY SPENT... IT IS A NEW DAY

Milton, here for Kristy:

Yesterday was an emotional day that was overwhelming to me. Maybe it was emotionally overwhelming to you also if you read the post throughout the day as it came to me.

I can't explain all that I felt even though I wrote more yesterday than since this journey began nine months ago. Some would understand my feelings--most can't.

Today I am going to Charleston, SC, with Terry to do some historical sightseeing and then to see LaRell and Cindy, who are dear friends and former associate pastors. They  worked with Kristy and me when we were pastors in Bartow, FL. Those were wonderful years.

History is a favorite pastime of mine. Terry is a better historian than I am, but I am better looking than he is and more humble too. We are going to tour Ft. Sumter where the first shots of  the Civil War were fired. We will also see parts old Charleston. Then we'll enjoy dinner with our friends. If Terry reads this while we are at the fort, there may be more shots fired--at me! I won't tell him. You better not tell him either!

The next posts are going to be lighter and then later some are going to be more reflective of Kristy's journey with struggles, insights, and victories that are yet veiled even behind our transparency. Then I plan on writing about small town America and some funny stuff that happened along the way of our journey as partners in life and ministry. Then new stories will come out of me. 

Did you know that Kristy and I knew Barney Fife's cousin in one of those small towns? You haven't met this cousin.

Just wait. You'll see.

I am going to visit life long friends in Manteo, NC, next week where Andy now lives. Maybe I'll run into him at the drug store  or post office or the Methodist Church, and we'll talk about Barney's cousin. I wonder if Andy has ever met this cousin of Barney's?

***

What's a Bluetooth? 

Here is the best answer:

Blogger karen eve said...

Hey, a bluetooth, that's like the newest thing in tatoos. They tatoo one or both of your front teeth blue. Of course you can also get tooth jewelry, like a little diamond put on your tooth, but I've heard they tend to come off when you eat corn on the cobb.

***

Can't wait for that to hit the church. Ha!



10 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

LOL Bluetooth : )

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Kathy Collard Miller said...

Could you post a wedding photo? I can't remember if you put one in a long time ago into a post or not.

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Terry is a better historian than I am, but I am better looking than he is, and more humble too." Tee hee.

Oh, and I love the bluetooth description too.

Milton, in the face of grief you have a wonderful sense of humor.

Lisa and I pray for your family every day.

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, I love you.....you make me laugh, laugh, laugh.....but, then you also make me cry, cry, cry....poor old Terry, you give him a hard way to go....but I'm sure it's a tough competion, huh?

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I for one, can't wait to see what you write about small town America, Milton! Methinks you may have to join ACFW and pick up where Kristy left off. You definitely have a gift. :)

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Just Me said...

Milton, thank you for sharing this with us. I'm really glad you're going to SC. It will probably help to see some new scenery. Still thinking of you and praying for you, Brother!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Lauralee Bliss said...

Have a wonderful time. May it be a time of peace and relaxation for you. Also, don't miss seeing the aircraft carrier there, too.

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hubby would fit right into that tour of yours... he's not only a "master" historian, but a hard-core Civil War buff. You can't believe the home videos we have of various vacations.... monument after monument, all recorded with his personal insights droning on and on (gotta love it). Ft Sumter is on our list of must-sees, now that we're both retired.

God bless you, and may this be a time of renewal for you. Someone already mentioned your sense of humor.... it's a wonderful thing to possess.

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been following your blog throughout the last nine months. I haven't commented before, but I want you to know how much your testimony has encouraged me in the midst of everything happening. Yours (and Krysty's) transparency has been such a blessing and a manifestation of the Lord your lives. What a testimony. Thank you.

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I know who Barney Fife's cousin is:) I'm sure you have lots of stories to tell about "small town" America.;) Can't wait to read them and see if I can guess who they are!! Still praying for you often. Elaine Millender

 

Post a Comment

<< Home