Sunday, August 10, 2008

MY PUERTO RICAN PRINCESS

Milton, here for Kristy:

Do you remember your first day at school? What did you wear? Who took you? What was your teacher's name? Could you speak two languages? Were you afraid? Did you want momma?

Claudia, my Puerto Rican Princess, proudly went to her first day at school this past week. This little girl is something else. Can she ever make some profound statements! She is just like her mom, Jennifer, and is just as sweet, and she is bilingual. She was so big and excited. Here are a couple of pictures taken on her first day going to school.

Our recent journey has impacted all our family and the kiddies are learning a lot about God and heaven and what really counts in life. We have taken a hard long look again at eternal purpose. I am so thankful our commitment to live with heaven in view didn't start 9 months ago.

Here are some pointed thoughts written by Jennifer on her blog as she has returned home with kiddies who want to see Nana.

Jennifer, here:


http://its-all-about-him.blogspot.com/

Last night I was reading a Children's Bible my mom bought Claudia before she got sick.We just finished reading My Little Pony and Claudia picked out her Bible and opened up to the Parable of the Pearl (Matthew 13:45-46.)

I was amazed this story was the one she picked and felt it was God speaking to us through his Word. In bold letters the story topic read: Heaven is more wonderful than anything on earth. We should let nothing on earth keep us from heaven. I will thank God for making heaven for me!

The next story she picked was the parable of the net (Matthew 13:47-50.) In bold the topic read: All Christians will go to heaven. Heaven is a wonderful place. I love God. I will go to heaven!

Two stories on the topic of heaven, direct from the Word, written so children can understand and see pictures and from the very Bible my mother picked out for Claudia!

Heaven has been a hot topic for Claudia lately. She's fascinated with it and trying with her little mind to understand.We talk often how nana is in heaven. Nana had her birthday party in heaven with Jesus (August 2nd) and we pray every night for nana. We pray: "Dear Jesus, Thank you for this day. God bless nana in heaven." We've always prayed for our family each night and after nana died, there was a giant hole in our prayers.

How could not pray for nana? God put it into my heart that we can pray for her, for her blessings in heaven with Him!

***

Milton, here for Kristy:

Nana has gotten her reward. We know that and we can't add anything to or take away her reward by our prayers, but little children can learn along the way and that is exactly what is happening in their lives. It helps them to know that Nana is OK with Jesus. He is taking care of her.

9 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I only know you all from Kristy's blog, somehow, I think it is quite like Kristy to still be teaching her grandchildren from Heaven.
Milton, my husband Ed and I saw you at the Rock this morning. Did not make it over to say hello but I am happy that you are with us.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

It's exciting to think that with all our creativity as writers, we haven't even begun to imagine all our Heavenly Father is preparing for us.

Lifting you all up to the Father.

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Claudia looks so beautiful in her school clothes. Stephanie and I enjoyed being with her this summer.It was fun making pancakes for her along with the other grands for breakfast doing it "Kristy style". ( using Biscuit mix) Claudia is just as sweet on the inside as she is cute on the outside!
Love ya,
Tricia

 
At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Claudia is adorable!

 
At 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine how many buttons have popped off my chest as I think with great pride about our extended families.

Fantastic 'bunch' of Kids.

Love ya,

Dad and Mom Dykes

omd3860@embarqmail.com

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Beautiful. Reminds me of my first day at school, first grade at five years old. Mom walked me, and I cried and didn't want to stay with all those strangers without my mom.

Beautiful PR princess. Sooo cute all dressed up for her first day at school. Beautiful Bible stories, and I love the way you still pray for Nana to help the children learn and ease them.

Barb

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Lauralee Bliss said...

Love the big red shoes. :)

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Claudia is beautiful just like her Nana and Mom. She is a little princess. Milton you have the right to be proud of your grands. They are a wonderful blessing.

Love and prayers,
Linda Reece
Your Alabama cousin

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger One Mother with Cancer said...

What a cutie!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home