Wednesday, September 10, 2008

CREATIVITY ON DISPLAY

Milton, here for Kristy:

Kristy had a flair for making things better. Read the intro on her bio for this blog. 

Pizzazz!

Enthusiasm!

High Energy!

Can you imagine living 37 years with someone whose brain hardly sleeps and has more ideas than Carter has liver pills? (What does that mean? Carter has liver pills? Who is Carter? How many pills does he have?)

Go look in our neat and clean garage and all of Kristy's paint supplies all lined in order for easy use. She used them relentlessly all these years adding color splashes to everything from pictures, to clocks, to furniture, to wall paper, to stained glass, to the normal painting of interiors.

I can't cook and I can't paint. I tried to stay out of her way and compliment and complete her in other ways. She painted murals in church nurseries and daycares and our grandchildren's bedroom walls. We painted houses and churches and other people's homes and turned the dull into delightfully framed beauty. There just was no end to her pizzazz, enthusiasm, and high energy.

She designed kitchen cabinets, and houses, and churches, and bulletins and publications, and clothes and jewelry, and cut her own hair, and made curtains, and was a seamstress, and organized anything that needed organizing, and planned meetings, and wrote articles on how to do almost anything you could imagine.

Am I bragging? Was she a creative saint? Who was this woman?

She was very human and filled with passion to make things better. She wasn't perfeck (I know how to spell perfeck.), but she purposefully perfected everything her hands touched.

Every so often, like maybe every few months, she would have a brief crash for a few hours of sleeping in and then her engines started again. She made the bed before her feet hit the floor running to catch her prize. Wow, could she get the things done.

Kristy was the ultimate super woman. She multi-tasked while planning and preparing for things down the road while always getting things done now. She was a dreamer with massive action. She had busy, determined, yielded hands that always made life better, easier, and more pleasing for all around her. 

That is a huge part of my loss. I loved her dearly. She was my mate, my partner, my friend, my sweetheart, the love of my life, but this was also one busy, creative lady who made me shine and blessed so many others by her swift and creative servanthood.

Just as she could dream a book into a pages of reality, Kristy could envision and then creatively, intentionally push to see her pictured passions come alive and bless others. 

Oh, this lady blessed me. She blessed me and helped me.

She made me a better man.

Kristy was shrewed in calling me her hero husband. It made me want to rise up to fill her expectations. She saw me as a hero, a godly man, a lover of our family and our church and those who need Jesus. 

She worked to help make me a better man, her hero, and now those dear, sweet, busy hands are gone. 

Can you catch just a glimpse of why some of my last words to her included an appeal to her to ask Jesus to send me some help after she walked into heaven? She was my helper, my friend. I knew that loss of magnificent magnitude would be my lot when she left.

She was creativity on display.

8 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,
God will provide you help. I know that you have been such a good husband, father, preacher, teacher & friend. He will provide you the disires of your heart. Although, that may have been for you to have your Kristy, that was not his will for her. But he will never leave you nor forsake you. YOU WILL GET ALL THE HELP YOU NEED, I'M CLAIMING THIS IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
Walk through this trial one day at a time, and you will come through it victorious.

When you said about looking at the intro on this blog, I wanted to let you know that it keeps going further & further down the page on the right hand side. Do you know why this is happening?
Anyway, You are an inspiration to all of us.

God Bless you.

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, this last post really convicted me, Milton! I want to scrub my house top to bottom, then paint and fix all the broken stuff, and maybe even cook a gourmet meal. That Kristy of yours was a wonder!! I wish I knew her secret.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee...it's very difficult for us women to compete with such a perfectionist as Kristy! In fact...I dare not try. Cause, if I did...I'd fail at it! Ain't gonna fail anymore...however...
am gonna keep learning alot from this special mentoring...you are doing for us husbands and wives!

God help us!

You are conquering grief...one step at a time...and that is good!
Keep up the good work.

We love you Milton!
Keep putting the words down in your marvelous way...they are forcing us to change...that it good!

We love you Milton...
God Bless Ya!
Steve and Darlene
West Columbia, South Carolina

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless you Brother Milton. Your pain comes through in your writing. I know you are really hurting and missing your beloved Kristy. What a wonderful woman - such an example for all of us.

The Lord is holding your hand on this part of your journey through life. Hang on tightly to His.

You are in our prayers constantly.

Lorraine - Oxfordshire, UK

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to add - I can see Kristy in Heaven, paintbrush in hand, redecorating and refurnishing. She's having the time of her life. - Lorraine

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I had to laugh at yoru line about Carter's Little Live Pills. I almost used that in a blog recently, but I realized nobody but us Baby Boomers would know what I meant. LOL Glad to know I'm nto alone.

Kristy was indeed all that and more. I can understand how the adjustment is plain hard. But I can't help thinking she might snicker at you standing in front of the washing maching trying to figure out what gets washed with what.

But Milton, everyone will still love you even if you have a couple of loose buttons on your sweater. :)

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Carter's Little Liver Pills! Thanks for the giggle. ;-)


Kate.

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

I can't even begin to imagine keeping up with Kristy. I can't paint. Wish I could. I love murals. She was one talented lady, and I'm sure so many are at a loss, missing her talents. You were so very blessed to have enjoyed life with her all those years. You were one lucky man, and she was one lucky woman, except it wasn't luck. It was God.

Bless you,
Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home