Tuesday, September 02, 2008

DRIVING SOUTH ON I-95

Milton, here for Kristy:

Today I head back to Jacksonville. For the first time in my life, I will return to my home and Kristy will not be there. It will be hard and I can't imagine how I will make it through life without her. 

So many of you have read this blog for months now and every post has been about her or our relationship. I haven't begun to scratch the surface to describe our love. There is so much to tell about our love and life.

We made each other better and worked in a complimenting and completing fashion. Now every time I get dressed I wonder I look OK and if Kristy would approve. All my decisions are still made with her in mind because that is how I have made them all these years. We had a shared work load and now the most beautiful and creative member of this team isn't here. She was fast. She was thorough. She was diligent and competent and worked until things were done and done right.

I know that returning to our home will be tough. Every room as her touches. We bought our home four years ago and spent several months moving walls and changing a bedroom into an office for Kristy. We laid new carpets and hard wood and tile and repainted the interior. After moving into the home we worked to improve the yards. God blessed us to be able to purchase new furnishings when we moved into the house. Every inch has her touches.

It is time to return and I am excited and ready to return. God has renewed my vision for my calling  and with His help I will go forward. 

There is so much more I intend to write about this journey and what God has done for us. It will be written with tears and yet joy. Please keep me in your prayers. 

12 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

I will be praying for you as you return home. May all those special touches designed by Kristy be a comfort to you as they remind you of her and how much she loved you and enjoyed your life together.I am continually impressed by the way you two wove your lives together, and your home is a reflection of that.
Prayers and blessings from,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PASTOR MILTON WROTE:

"All my decisions are still made with her [Kristy] in mind because that is how I have made them all these years. We had shared our work load and now the most beautiful and creative member of this team isn't here."

YOUR WORDS BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES, DEAR BROTHER. THE LORD IS CONTINUING TO USE YOUR MARRIAGE AS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT A CHRISTIAN COUPLE IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE. IT'S NO WONDER THAT YOUR MINISTRY BORE ABUNDANT FRUIT.

YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE IN MY PRAYERS.

A SISTER IN CHRIST

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying for you and your family. Will be saying a special prayer for you today as you travel home.

Trk N 4 JC

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

I continue to pray for you, Pastor Milton, and to be blessed by your posts. I think there's book in there. Travel safely.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Also still praying. ((HUGS))

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying in for you today. I know this is a HUGE step for you, to return to Kristy's and your beautiful home. It IS beautiful, and how appreciative we all are that the two of you have shared that home through video's with us.

May God continue to bless you, as you get back to Jacksonville and your wonderful congregation. I know they are missing you terribly, and are so excited for you to COME HOME!

Prayerfully,
Cathy (TN)

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton...
Going Home...! What a beautiful expression. Kristy designed an earthly home but far greater she designed an eternal home! Thanks for sharing each day...your heart. God is "still working"! What a comfort! Rest in His presence...
Let him comfort you..that is the work of the sweet Holy Spirit. Kristy's touch in your home will help you feel her in a unique and very different way. Enjoy pictures which are tremendous treasures in times like these. You are on the right path...and God IS with YOU. Be encouraged! Thousands are praying for you.

Your wonderful congregation awaits your return...they have missed you.
Healing is a continual process... in your life... and that is good!

Enjoy a 'Twinkie' every now and then...as a reminder of your past trip. Brother...they taste really good..anytime....of the day or night! Remember... the store NEVER runs out of Twinkies!!!

Be Blessed.
Steve and Darlene
Columbia, SC

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

Milton, I continue to pray for you and your family and know it's time for you to go home. I imagine it will be bittersweet, but I also know that that going through is the only way. An acquaintance of my son went home yesterday and found his wife had passed away. I don't know if she was a believer, but it seemed sad that she didn't get to have a hand-off like Kristy had. I've known many people who have gotten to help usher their loved one into the hands of Jesus and that in itself was such a comfort. I'm sure your church family can hardly wait for you to return.
How are Jennifer and Julie faring?
Blessings and stay dry!!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

It will be tough, but I feel sure Kristy's spirit will be there, cheering you on.

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wiil be hard but after awhile her "special touches" will bring joy and sweet, sweet memories. Still thinking and praying for you and your family.

Teresa from AL

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

I can't even imagine.

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers. Go forth with God's help and blessings and continue to write of the love of your life with joy and tears. It's healing and will bless and help others as well as yourself. The hardest part will be returning home to an empty shell of a house without Kristy. She made it a home. Be strong. Kristy would want you to move forward and continue to write.

God bless,
Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home