Tuesday, October 28, 2008

LET IT SNOW?

Milton, here for Kristy:

It is cold. It is crisp. It is _____.

Put a word in that blank. What would it be? Cute? Cool? Cuddly? Costly? Cunning? Cranky? What goes in the blank?

I am writing this in a coffee shop in West Jefferson, NC. Tonight we are eating at the Daniel Boone Restaurant in Boone. They say it is delicious with home style cooking. Actually I remember now that we ate there last year on our trip up to see Autumn leaves. Last year Ron, Norma and Kristy and I made the trip.

The leaves are in full color and it may snow tonight. Can you imagine. Snow! It feels like the North Pole aside. Burrrr! My Florida Sunshine needs heating up!

We are going to watch a DVD tonight and munch down.

Sandra is outnumbered and has not been able to get us to stop to shop. We offered to stop at Lowe's and the Purina Feed Store. I can't figure out why she didn't want to shop. Well, can you believe it. Just as I write this Sandra
and Terry went into the Purina Feed Store. They must have shoes in there too!

Tuesday we will ride part of the Blue Ridge Parkway and go over to Blowing Rock. If there should be snow, we might be hindered some. People from Florida don't know very much about snow skiing. I gone a couple of times and thought a mole hill was a mountain. Ha!

We'll see how the day goes. It will be fun!

Wish you all were here. The colors are beautiful!!!! Maybe we could have a big ski party and snow fight.

See the picture of Sandra? Her smile betrays her disdain. There aren't any shoes in that Feed Store--unless they were horse shoes!

7 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Sandra, but I could do some serious shopping in a feed store...for my horses!!! Rick can attest to that from my receipts at feed stores around here!
Have fun in the mountains.

PS Don't feel like you are missing too much warm Florida sunshine, it was 37 degrees when I left my house for school this morning and I live in central Florida! Imagine what it was in J'ville!
Love ya,
Tricia

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

HI Milton,
It sounds like a wonderful trip! I am glad you are enjoying the fall colors and I hope you avoid the snow. Up in NJ this morning we had a few fat flakes coming down. I couldn't believe it. We still have the colorful leaves on the trees...never have snow this early.
Drive safe and enjoy your day!
Blessings,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in Blowing Rock last weekend and saw they are calling for snow fluries today. Hope you see some. I love West Jefferson. Thats my kind of scenery. Beautiful. Enjoy Daniel Boone Inn. I went to school at ASU and have eatten their chicken more times than I can count. Hope they have some yummy cobbler for you. Looks like you have good traveling buddies. Have fun.

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,
Here is J-ville it was 40ish degrees this morning (wind chills in the 30's). Will be even colder tomorrow. But they say by this weekend, we will be back up in the 70's. Just in time for the Florda/Georgia Game.

Enjoy the snow there, cause you know we won't have any here.

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton...
Glad you, Terry and Sandra are having a good time away from home for a beautiful few days of...
Feed Store Shopping...UGH!
that is NOT Sandra's shopping style...
of course...you and Terry please don't gang up on her too much!

BUT...if you decide you don't want to take her shopping...
needless to say--outlets...please contact me...I have a solution for her!!!
HOW? Well......Steve and I will be Ashville tonight thru Thursday AM.. a missions conference...
THEN the blessings start flowing for me (and Sandra...if you let her)..cause we're on to Pigeon Forge.
...you know the PRIME OUTLET SHOPPING !!!!!
...a good thought...
Sandra...you are welcome to join me at the outlets!!!
Call Steve's cell: 467-9552!!!! He'll keep those two 'boys' happy...and you and I can (BURN up some MONEY)...um...save some money!

...don't forget to tell Terry...
Honey, I'm gonna shop for your Christmas present...!!!

...tell Milton...
Brother...gonna TRY to find you something for Christmas, too!!!

SEE YA...I HOPE...
Darlene...South Carolina
P.S.
Milton..I know comments are to be written to you and for you...
but...Sandra's picture "Got to ME"!

Thanks..
I'll try to keep her happy...
IF...you and Terry will let me...
Okay?

Note...to...
Sandra...
Call: 467-9552 Steve's cell!!!!
Get out of their 'grip'...we'll have alot of Fun..I promise!!!
Darlene

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,

Glad you are enjoying the fun trip. So many folks love you.

Milton, we recently lost a beloved member of our family and someone gave us a book that you might want to read. It is by Jerry Sittser called A Grace Disguised. It is on sorrow and loss. Author lost 3 members of his family in one day...and this book is really ministering to us, and I thought of you, and hope you'll pick it up. I know your grief is deep and your loss is even deeper. We are praying for you.

The Hamptons

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger squiresj said...

You can keep the snow and I've grew up with it all my life. I am not ready for it. I live where I can be shut in for days.
It's cold, it's crisp and I really like fall. But I'm beginning to wonder where it went as it got in 20s here last night. Cold for here even. I am having to turn heat on earlier than usual.
So you don't sound like a shopper.
God Bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home