Thursday, October 23, 2008

TUESDAY, 21, 6:42 PM

Milton, here for Kristy:

Tuesday afternoon I was typing away and looked up to check the time. The clock read 6:42 PM. My chin dropped. I wiped tears. Three months had passed since Kristy went to heaven on Monday, July 21, at 6:42 PM.

It is not like I am trying to put myself through some agony or grief, but it just happens. Grief floods in and loss becomes overwhelming. I received several very timely calls yesterday from individuals wanting to check on me and make sure I am OK. People have been so very kind. Monday earlier in the day I was at a minister's meeting and a long time pastor friend came up and said that he had never been to a memorial service as impacting as Kristy's service was. His comments touched me and were comforting. 

Grace has come at the most amazing times and the most unique ways. I don't feel alone most of the time. God has sent me comfort. This life adjustment will take some time to work out and God's steadying hand will hold me up. I feel His hand. I know He is there with me.

Kristy did all she could to prepare me for this time. She blessed me and assured me I would be OK.  She told others to check on me and I think she is somehow making sure I'm OK now. That sounds strange to say. I know she is in heaven and is happy beyond words, but I just feel her eyes are catching quick glimpses of us and me all alone.

6:42 PM 

Something very sacred and holy happened on July 21, 2008 at 6:42 PM.

Kristy won!

***

Jennifer sent me a picture taken yesterday of my princessa Claudia on her new IPhone! Claudia is one pretty Puerto Rican!




6 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.

Kevin & Tamatha Jones

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you this morning.
april gordon

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Touching post. I've never lost a spouse to death, but after 20 years of marriage, I lost one to divorce.

As with death, grief follows. First, you live minute-to-minute, then hour-to-hour, then day-to-day. Baby steps, I suppose. And when you can't even take baby steps, God's grace will carry you through the grief.

Blessings on you and yours today.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Hi Milton,
Thanks for staying in touch and sharing your thoughts with us. I was thinking of you all today, remembering that is will soon be about one year from the time of Kristy's diagnosis. All these dates and memories do stir up our hearts.

I am so thankful to hear you are sensing the Lord's comfort and presence. He is good. His love never fails.

I've been involved in a wonderful Bible study this fall using DVD's of Beth Moore teaching on the book of Daniel. Several times I have thought of you and Kristy and the lessons you shared with us through your time of testing. One session we learned - God sometimes heals immediately and delivers us from the trial. Sometimes His healing comes over time, and He delivers us through the trials. Then sometimes He does not heal us on earth, but delivers us by the trial straight into His arms.

That has been a helpful bit of wisdom I want to hold on to.

Praying for you,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Kate said...

What a beautiful way to honor Kristy today by posting such a pure and sweet picture of Claudia.

Kate.

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I have not yet experienced it but surely will unless I go first, I have heard many say that is what happens. They are going about their days but at times the grief just wells up. You have made it to this point and I'm praying you can continue on one day at a time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home