Friday, October 24, 2008

THE WARMEST SMILE

Milton, here for Kristy:

Thursday afternoon I drove down to see my parents in Leesburg,
Fl., about 2 1/2 south of Jacksonville. Driving down to see them for the first time since Kristy's passing brought all kinds of memories and feelings. We visited countless times during our 
years of marriage with both of our parents. Now, her parents are in heaven and Kristy is there with them and I am here. 

Surreal over and over again.

Tricia, my middle sister, and her family ate dinner with us. Tricia lived with us in the early '80's for a year or so and considered Kristy a mentor. Kristy loved Tricia and Tricia love Kristy. We have had a blast through the years with Tricia and her family. Now, I watched as she and Rick shared together and I sat alone. 

Surreal over and over again.

The family pictures on the walls of my parent's home reach out to me. Pictures of Christmas's and Thanksgivings and family birthday celebrations and weddings and on the list go. There was Kristy and me over and over again in picture after picture. 

Surreal over and over again.


We talked about some of our good times as a family and my mother cooked her famous Southern fried chicken. Sooooo goooood! And then her delicious pound cake. Wow!!! That beats Twinkies all to pieces.

This morning as I prepared to leave home walking out of our master bedroom, I looked at Kristy's portrait with her big smile to me. I felt the strongest, warmest feeling that she was truly smiling at me and all was well. That gave me comfort to face the remainder of the day. God is faithful!

I miss her, but I am going to be OK.

The pictures include Stephanie, and Mom and Dad with Trish and Stephanie, and Rick and Josh. How do you like Josh's hairdo? And just think, the man with the beautiful smile is a senior pastor of a great church. God can truly do awesome things beyond comprehension.

Trish and Stephanie stayed with us and helped care for Kristy at our home. They were an untold blessing to us. All of my family have been kind to me beyond words. They have loved me, carried me, listened to me, and believed in me. I am a blessed man.


5 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I promise my husband and son do look pretty normal when they are not acting silly for crazy cameral shots!!! ( and I wish I had taken the time to put on lipstick and check my hair like Kristy always did before a pic...oh well) We had a wonderful time together last evening. Family times are the best!We love you very much Milton,
Tricia

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Kim said...

This is terrific Milton! Praying for your continued strength during this time of healing!

Kim

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

You are blessed with a great family! Thanks for sharing more about them. I am glad you were able to spend that time with them.

Blessings,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Tricia,

You can dress 'em up, but just can't take 'em out! lol

What a fun family :-)

Love,

Kate.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

You are blessed, as you well know. I know that Kristy is proud (and interceding. I continue to pray for you and your family.
Blessings,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home