Monday, October 20, 2008

I FORGOT MR. GREEN!

Milton, here for Kristy:

I can't believe the mistake I make in my haste to go camping Friday afternoon. I forgot to take Mr. Green. Can you believe it? When I arrived back on Saturday evening, he was sitting on the counter and hadn't moved since I left him. Of course, he hasn't moved since I put him there and I haven't heard him say hardly anything either.

My little grands had a ball with all the events planned at our camp site. There was paint ball target shooting, bow and arrow shooting, balloon blasts, pellet shooting, knife and hatchet throwing, and toss tic tac toe. I spent my time making sure all the weapons were pointed the right direction and that no one got burned in the camp fire.

I didn't take the Twinkies  shown in the last post, but the boy's leader, Greg, who planned the camping trip made sure that my Twinkie needs were fulfilled. 

Thankfully there were no snakes, bugs, or spiders in our tent, but it did get cooler as the night progressed. My new air mattress that was guaranteed not to lose air deflated in the night and I got less comfortable as the night progressed. Finally I had to discard it and sleep on my cot. Greg brought the cot for me too, which was a huge help. Let's hear it for Greg!

I will show pictures of the camping trip tomorrow. I took my camera and MacBook to the church office Sunday morning and failed to bring it home. Sorry, but tomorrow you will see some interesting photos.

***

How am I doing?

That is a very difficult question to answer. Grief is a process and there are no simple, pat answers as to how it will work out. My immediate family and extended support network of friends and family have stood by me and helped me every step of the way.

My church family has loved and prayed for me. They have all been unbelievably kind and helpful. I am blessed.

I still need your prayers so very much. I come home to an empty house where I used to be greeted, kissed, and loved by the most energetic, creative, lady you can imagine. Kristy loved me so dearly and stood with me through every ministry venture we entered. We lived and loved life. 

God is healing my heart. It will take His hand and loving care to complete the work. I know He will be faithful.

When I met Julie Friday afternoon to get her boys for the camp-out, we sat for a few moments at Chick-fil-A  and talked. The conversation kept coming back to Kristy and big tears flowed down all our cheeks. Acceptance of of the reality of the loss of a loved one is one of the biggest adjustments a body can face. 

Kristy is missed and loved.

5 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, thanks for telling us how you are. Please know we care, but only you know when you want to talk about it. Take the liberty topost/not to post about it. It is not true that time heals all wounds, but what we do with time can heal the wound. You seem to be doing the right things. As a friend once told me when she lost a child, there comes a day when it's not the first thing on your mind when you awaken. But, in the mean time ...

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is Jennifer...she hasn't post on her blog in a while...pray for her often as she is so far away.

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So thankful you all had a great camping trip!

Must admit...you really looked the part...sitting in the camping chair...the drink...going down the hatch...and the box of Twinkies!!!
of course...!!!

It thrilled us to know you were...
out on the trail w/ the grands!
Your doing "The Man Thing"...!!!
Those grands will never forget the time spent with you...

Your a tremendous trooper!
Keep up the good trails ahead, too.


Steve and Darlene
South Carolina

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

You are right. Grief and loss of a loved one is a process, and you have to work your way through it. It takes time, but with God's help (and with His help is the only way), you can and will make it. I have lost loved ones in my life since the time I was four and lost my daddy on Christmas Day, and it still hurts just as much every time I lose a loved one. I lost my mom 10 years ago to cancer, and I lost my baby sister four years ago. None of these losses were easy, and for each one, I went through a grieving process. Only time and God heal. Blessings and prayers, Barb

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,where are you? No posts since Monday. Are you ok?

Daily Reader

 

Post a Comment

<< Home