Wednesday, October 22, 2008

TOOL TIME ON TONGA DRIVE

Milton, here for Kristy:

Kristy loved to improve life and make things more beautiful. She just had a great knack for choosing the right colors and designing and arranging and adding pizzazz. She always had a flair for touching up paintings, wall decorations, murals, glass, clocks, and about any other aspect of the house.

Often I would pull into the drive late in the afternoon and catch her with a spray can out in the yard spraying new fresh colors on drab, old stuff. Frequently the spray would be caught by the wind and leave paint sprayover on the grass or driveway--though she did spray on newspaper or other appropriate material.

There were several projects that she wanted done on the house that I have been working to get completed. The back deck needed repainting as well as the back storage shed. I finally got that done and it looks great! She would love it. I didn't do the work myself, but I had great help by a man who has been working some to help in our refurbishing project at church. 

As I wrote this thoughts, my mind went to her paint cans that she kept so neatly in our cabinet in the garage. She saw to it that our garage was the cleanest and neatest one 
the neighborhood. In fact, just this week someone commented they had never seen a garage as neat as our garage. I can't stand for it to get out of order. She trained me that way.

The summer before she was diagnosed with a tumor she went out on the back deck where I was studying and took a picture of me. She loved that back deck and was proud of my efforts to keep it looking good.

I guess she is smiling today. The deck and storage shed both look great!

Tim the tool man doesn't have anything on me. I didn't blow anything up yet. Kristy would be proud. It's tool time on Tonga Dr.

2 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, you have done yourself and Kristy proud. The deck, lawn and storage shed all look fresh and clean.
You've been on my mind this week more than usual. I was counting the months.
Love ya,
Kathy

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Done your girl proud, parson! I know she's watching and has a wink in her eye. Praying for you in San Antonio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home