Tuesday, October 21, 2008

RUN, BAMBI, RUN!


Milton, here for Kristy:

I am just about to get over the camper fatigue from Friday night and Saturday. My grandsons loved getting away with their Papa and we had loads of fun. 

Boys love sticks and fires and snakes and bugs and dirt and hot dogs and Twinkies and Oreo's  and tents and sleeping bags and hammocks and woods and more dirt and marsh mellows and more fire and all the outdoor stuff that goes along with camping out.

You can call me Davy Crockett as I had a perfect shooting percentage with the pellet gun. I did well on the paint ball shooting and hit the deer with an arrow in the belly. Boy, that sounds terrible--shooting Bambi's cousin. Ouch! 

Run, Bambi, run. Don't let them shoot you again. I'm sorry! Aw, shucks. That is what you're supposed to do with a bunch of guys camping out. I guess I'm letting my feminine side overwhelm me too much. I'm not a sissy. I am just tender in heart right now.

Alex and Nic want to go camping again this weekend. That would be fun, but it will have to wait for another time.

The weekend was another one of those bitter/sweet times. The activity was good for me. I have been extremely busy with very little free time until later in the evenings. Sunday night was the first night I have had alone at home for  a while. I could have gone somewhere and done something, but my body was tired even though my mind was hurting over being home alone. I know I have to work through it and I am by His grace.





***

The bends and turns of life have some very unusual spots. This journey isn't easy, but I will make it.

Today will be 3 months since Kristy passed. It seems like yesterday that she was first diagnosed with GBM cancer, but it will be a year in just a little over two  weeks since we were told she had an orange size tumor in the back of her brain. Now I am three months beyond the date of her passing. 

This is so unreal to write. It just can't be true, but it is so.

8 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Still praying, Milton. Keep writing and keep us involved.

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,
You are such an inspiration to all. The pain is so tough I know but you will make it with your dependance on the Lord. I have not lost a spouse, but have lost a son over 10 years ago. I know your pain is so deep and it is as though your heart is literally broken. You dont get over it but do learn to live with it....God is so wonderful and His mercies are new every morning. You are doing so well and I laugh with you, I admire you and even cry with you. Thank you for sharing your deepest feelings with us....You are in our prayers....I go to your little sis's church in St. Pete.
Pat

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton...
You are a trooper!

Gals have a saying
..."Blondes have more fun".

Guys have a saying
..."No ones as much FUN as grandpa"

FUN...FUN...FUN...!!!
Boys...Grandpa...Boys...Grandpa!!!
Your doing it right!

Your in our prayers...
Steve and Darlene
South Carolina

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

I was thinking just the other day that it's almost been a year since Kristy's diagnosis. It does seem impossible, doesn't it?

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton,

Rejoicing with you in the victories and weeping with you in the painful times.

You are not alone. As the person who posted earlier said, please keep posting and keep us involved.

We love you!
april gordon

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

None of us ever know when our time will come. That's for God to know, but to receive such news and have such loss nine months later is a brutal loss to the heart. It takes a tough person who has God for guidance and comfort to come out on the other side. Kristy was known for her greeting, "Greetings from sunny Florida," and the tumor was ironically the size of an orange when discovered, Florida and its oranges.Kristy would want us to look on the sunny side of things. Instead of making lemonade out of lemons, we must make Florida sunshine and oranges for the spirit. I once had a Web site titled that. I thought if Chicken Soup could be for the soul, oranges and sunshine could be for the spirit. Now when I think of oranges and Florida sunshine, I think of beloved Kristy. She was our Florida oranges and sunshine and now she is in the spirit. I know she's smiling from heaven as I right this right now. I can feel her. I want her to know she's touched my heart and soul, and her stories and site have made a difference in my life. Florida sunshine and oranges for the spirit, Krsity's beloved spirit! Barb

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Milton!
It's been a while since I've commented on here, but I'm still keeping up with your everyday journey and praying all the way. God is so good, His mercies everlasting, and all that you're dealing with is sometimes more than a body can bear. Aren't you so glad that God bears our every burden, and He understands our tears and hurts?
I've been through 3 very traumatic times in my lifetime. The first, my husband left me and my three daughters for a much younger woman. He had been a deacon, RR commander, SS teacher..and threw it all aside. I thought I was going to literally die. But, I praised God through it all..thru the pain and tears AND SURVIVED!!!! (God sent a wonderful man my way, and we are married today, very happily.) Then, I lost my 6 weeks old grandson to S.I.D.S.---again, I was tempted to sink into depression, but GOD AND I MADE IT THROUGH! Several months ago my Dad passed SUDDENLY with no warning, gone in two minutes. Oh, the hurt! The ROCK of our family - gone! But, THROUGH IT ALL God has allowed a certain thing to take place in my life. It has been as though I was in a big bubble, floating around - above and beyond the situations at hand. I was seeing clearly what was taking place, but yet it wasn't penetrating my protective bubble! I "felt" the hurt and the pain, but yet it never was able to penetrate that protective covering God had provided for me! The Comforter came. The Comforter, just in time! It's like the FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND...He just carried me,when I was unable to take a step without Him.
Milton, I know this is lengthy - but, I know this is what you're going through as well. The lonliness is there, the pain is there, yet you're in a protective bubble overlooking the situation.. and GOD IS IN CONTROL!
I'm so grateful for your sharing your innermost hurts and feelings, because some of us have been in similar situations - though not the exact same....and can say, without reservation.....
GOD KNOWS WHERE YOU ARE...AND YES..HE IS IN CONTROL!
Be blessed, dear Milton. You're such a blessing to one and all!

Warm Wishes for Sunny Days,
Cathy (in Tennessee)

 
At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still checking in daily, although I haven't posted in a while.

Just wanted you to know

Kate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home