Friday, October 10, 2008

LET THERE BE NOISE!

Milton, here for Kristy:

Kiddies are in the house again. No, they are not my grandchildren, but they brighten things up around here. Kristy had toys all bagged up in the closet for our kiddies and now they are pulled out for entertainment for the twins. Terry and Sandra are here along with their daughter Amy and her two twins, Riley and Ellie. Aren't they something!

It is amazing the sounds that you hear in homes--TV's blarring, entertainment systems playing sweet music, children running around, families living, arguments flying, prayers prayed, love shared. 

In this home it has been rather quiet except for my new sound system and TV's and computers. Not much has been happening. 

I am listening to the tapping of my keys on this computer and those sounds have been in this house  long before Kristy passed. It is sad when typewriter keys are a primary sound source in your home. My voice has been the only voice in here for some time so I am thrilled to have twins running around here. 

Sounds are evidenced of life. Evening the cries and whines of two excited kiddies are good. Ugh, they
wake up real early but are so sweet.

When I think back on all the activities that have filled our home, my mind races, some tears stream, my heart is filled with gratitude to God for wonderful years, my hopes look to the promise of God's goodness to come.

Let there be noise!




3 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton...
Ya'll have a blessed day!

Sandra has a 'big Grandma smile' on her face in that picture w/ Ellie...how cute and adorable that little girl is...also: Riley, is quite a busy lil man...and playing with the toys...made me wish my grands were that small again!

Terry looks like he's having a ball! Those grands look like bundles of 'Sugar'...! Hold on Terry! Keep smilin...

Thankful you have a house full of love...
if you get really hungry...
remember...
Olive Garden has great food!!!
We know you love it.

Prayers going up for you today...
Steve and Darlene
West Columbia, South Carolina

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Big Brother of mine, if it is the absence of children's voices that is bothering you, please feel free to come volunteer in my first grade classroom at anytime!!! Oh my, how your ears will ring with the sweet sounds of little voices and laughter among other things we won't mention!
Glad you are enjoying the company. I was thinking though that Janet and I could bring up our seven kids...(between the two of us) to break up the "Sound of Silence".

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The children are precious.

Let there be lots of noise, laughter and love.

Praying for you always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home