Friday, December 26, 2008

RAIN FOREST FUN


Another post by Milton:


For new readers to this site, I am writing since Kristy's battle with a GBM brain tumor and her passing on July 21. Kristy made me a romantic so I write to share christian love stories.


****

Julie, Jennifer, Javier, and the kiddies and I drove to El Younque to enjoy the rain forest on Tuesday. It is only 30 minutes or so from San Juan where Jennifer lives. I have been there with them in past 

 visits but the kiddies wanted to go on a picnic, hike, and play in the water. The water was way too cold for me, but they had a ball.

Listen to the video closely. I was worried about the kiddies getting hurt and then having to haul them 30 minutes way back up a very slick, sloping narrow trail back to the vehicles. These kiddies fall and get hurt in their bedrooms, and I could just see one of them busting a head or breaking an arm or leg. Thankfully, no one got hurt. I guess Kristy had the angel patrol on heavy alert for her kiddies. I keep feeling a nudging to get out of there. It must have been Kristy pushing an angel to tug on on arm. 

The hike and picnic was a great fun and good distraction. I am feeling better now and know that there is a hope and a future. My heart has a new appreciation for those who have lost a loved one and are alone during the holidays. Reach out to someone in need that you know is alone today. It will bless you and most of all bless them.

Enjoy the pictures of the rain forest. Puerto Rico is a beautiful island and a wonderful get-a-way for the holidays.

Click on more share options below to watch rain forest video of the kiddies. It is beautiful!





3 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely photos. Also, I didn't have a chance to leave a comment yesterday, but that Christmas tree ornament of Kristy with her cherished grands is very touching. I remember when beautiful Kristy first posted it, and it brought tears to my eyes. She was one of the most loving, caring women I've ever met.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Hi Milton,
What a beautiful island! I am so glad you are feeling encouraged and had this special time with your daughters and grandkids.

Blessings from,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, Julie and Jennifer, Hello and happy holiday wishes from equally sunny Sarasota ... I am so glad you all are together and lifting each other's spirits. You are right -- It will all be okay. Love, Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home