Friday, December 14, 2007

Believing the Impossible is Possible....

Milton, Here:

Reverend Terry Roberts, a powerful preacher of the Gospel, is Kristy's brother, and he and his wife Sandra pastor Trinity Church in South Carolina (more Levites). Terry shared the following thoughts in an email this morning. This is a wonderful call to faith action to those who love Kristy and feel led to follow Terry's appeal. Fasting does help activate and add power to our faith and prayers.

To the left are Terry and Sandra and Kristy and me a couple of months ago with their brand new twin grandchildren!

Thanks Terry for obeying the Lord and offering this suggestion. Here is his post:

Kristy, here: To the left are "The Singing Siblings" the night before my brain surgery: Terry and Sandra, Milton and Kristy, Don and Rebecca. Our family loves to sing and is known to break out in song at any moment.



By Reverend Terry Roberts


Believing the Impossible is Possible: A Call to Action for Kristy
“a disciple named... Dorcas… who was always doing good…” (Acts 9:36)

When I think of Kristy, my mind turns to the story of Dorcas (a.k.a. Tabitha) in Acts chapter 9, and I see parallels. First, her situation was impossible: Tabitha “became sick and died.” But she had friends who believed the impossible was possible – that Tabitha could be restored to them. So they acted on their belief – they sent for Peter, the Apostle. Bear in mind, they had no guarantee of a miracle – this was not “name it and claim it” faith. In fact, the text says they “stood around him, crying…” But through their tears, they believed the impossible was possible, and they dared to hope, and to send and to ask!

Not only were they crying, they were “showing him the robes and other clothing that Dorcas made while she was still with them.” The point of this was not that Dorcas was more worthy of a miracle than anyone else. The point was that she had endeared herself to them by sharing her gift as a seamstress to help the less fortunate, and they didn’t want to let her go. She was too valuable to them.

Similarly, Kristy has endeared herself to so many, in so many ways. Her talents as a writer have blessed thousands, and there are unwritten books still in her. We just don’t want to let her go. And even though doctors have told us it is impossible for radiation to stop the cancer, as believers, we know that with God, all things are possible! But, we must act on our faith.

Here is the Call to Action: Would you who love Kristy, join me in fasting the noon meal every Friday for the next six weeks while she is undergoing radiation. And as you fast, focus your faith and prayers for a healing miracle? Six weeks – 40 days – of active praying and believing. As you fast and pray, hold up Kristy’s good works before our Father, and remember the words of the angel to a virgin in Nazareth: “Nothing is impossible with God.” Luke 1:37

9 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Anna Dynowski said...

Count me in. I'll fast and pray for you, Kristy! I know our God is the Divine Healer. It is not too difficult for Him to send forth a divine healing. It's well within His character and ability.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Mary Connealy said...

All these posts are so rich and moving and inspiring and heartbreaking too. God bless you and thank you for sharing your heart and soul with so many. Me included.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Kristy, with God, ALL things are possible. Did I ever tell you how God raised me from the dead?

He did.

At the age of 43, I had a massive heart attack and died. I was clinically dead for nearly 45 minutes. The paramedics worked above and beyond what they normally do, but a couple of them were Christians, and God said, "Don't stop."

Medically speaking, I shouldn't be here. Numerous doctors have looked at my medical records and shaken their heads.

God still works miracles - even today. And only He knows the number of our days. A perfect number for each of us.

I'm praying a miracle for you.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Tracy Ruckman said...

Count me in, too! May God send you a miracle, this side of Heaven.

Love and prayers to you all.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Cannot fast due to diabetes--but I can give up foods I love best, and will, each Friday while I pray for Kristy.

Now for the good Lord to bring it to my remembrance! Think I'll help Him out via a post-it note on the computer (G).

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thank you for these wonderful comments and testimonies of God's goodness. God bless you all!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thank you for these wonderful comments and testimonies of God's goodness. God bless you all!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thank you, Terry, for this. I just read your post though I had commented earlier. I read it all by myself, though laboriously. (I can write at a good pace, but reading is slowed.) As I read, the tears flowed. You see, I cry at beauty. And that's what this was. Terry, you are so dear to me. Folks, we are two years apart to the month, and when we were browing up, with our red hair, freckle faces, green/hazel eyes, and similar size, everybody asked if we were twins. We had the sweetest relationship you could imagine. When he got his driver's license, he hauled me all over, and we had such fun.

Again, love you, Terry.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Oh, P.S., Terry wrote about Dorcas's sewing. Funny, that's one of my hobies. I've sown bedspreads and curtains, outfits for the girls and me when they were little, costumes for church plays, etc. I've had SUCH a full, rich, rewarding life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home