Thursday, December 20, 2007

A DAY OF FAITH



Yesterday at 10 a.m. EST, we entered The Healing Rooms and were warmly greeted by several smiling, kindly women. The interior of The Healing Rooms is a pleasingly-decorated, house-sized structure with flowing rooms, some with French doors. Soft music wafts throughout, and on the walls are beautiful religious artifacts such as crosses, pictures of Jesus, even a Jewish prayer shawl draped on one wall.

Several more arrived, "intercessors," they're called, people who love to, and feel called to, pray for others. Some, I knew; others I didn't, but it felt like I did. The spirit of Christ (love of God?, however you want to word it), flowed from their eyes and faces.

We watched a short DVD of a minister connected with The Healing Rooms who delivered a powerful, succinct, faith-building, short talk/sermon, that in that peaceful, quiet setting made some of us say, "Amen" and "Yes, Lord, I believe" and "Yes, Lord, I RECEIVE!" He pointed out in the Book of Isaiah in the Bible that it says, "By His stripes we WERE healed" NOT "are," and he explained that that meant that Jesus HAD ALREADY DONE THE WORK OF HEALING on the cross. All we have to do is RECEIVE it. Man, my faith was soaring.

Then the woman in charge told the group to go into the Intercessors' Room, a pleasant, dimly-lit, large space with high-backed rocking chairs lining the walls; think "comfortable." She told them to intercede, and she motioned for Milton and me to follow her.

She took us into another room where three more women were, one who'd greeted us on arrival. We sat down, and for about 45 minutes, they "shared" (don't ya just love that favored word of Christian comedienne Chonda Pierce (WEB SITE) J). Each had prayed for me the day before and received "words" from the Lord about me, things they never could've known.

One said as she was praying for me, she saw a large heart, and even though she wasn't Catholic, she immediately thought of that big red heart on Catholic artifacts. She found it on the Internet, she said, and that large heart represented God's love for me, AND, it represented ME, for I had a big heart of love, she said.

Tears flowed.

"Tell them what happened to you, Kristy, when you were a young teenager," Milton said. "Our youth leaders used to take carloads of teenagers to revivals and youth meetings," I said, "and one night, they took us to a tent revival. The preacher preached awhile, and then he stopped and pointed at me, and said, 'Young lady, come to the altar.' My heart just about jumped out of my chest, but I did as he instructed and stood there trembling. He looked into my eyes and said, 'All evening, as I preached, I looked at you, but I couldn't see you. All I saw was a giant heart. God spoke to me and said that you have a heart of compassion and love. When you see a drunk or a derelict, your heart aches. When you see a down-and-outer, you weep inside. Young lady, God is going to use this heart of compassion for His Kingdom and His glory. He has special plans for you.'"

I'll never forget that night as long as I live, and throughout my life, I've watched that prophecy come to pass as we've ministered to, oh, I don't know how to estimate how man.

This was a wonderful word of confirmation.

The next lady asked if I'd ever had any fear of getting cancer. Bingo, again! I told her my oldest brother came down with liver cancer in 1992—a huge shock to our family since cancer doesn't run in our family—and within four months he was dead. I was standing by his death bed when he went to Heaven, and I wondered then, Will any of the rest of us get cancer? Oh, Lord, don't let it be me! I couldn't take it, if that happened?

The next lady asked if I had any fear and if I had any guilt. "Did you ever do anything in your past that you were ashamed of. I smiled. "Can't think of anything. I became a Christian at age three, and all I've ever known is loving Jesus and wanting to work for Him." "No guilt?" she asked again. "Well, come to think of it, I think I have a guilt complex. If I accidentally brush someone in a store, I say, "I'm so sorry," and proceed to profusely apologize. If someone does something nice for me, I almost feel guilty accepting it. For example, a couple came by today who have brought so much food to our house in the five or so weeks. Lush meals. I said, "I'm hoping to be better real soon so you won't have to keep doing this." As I was saying this, I remembered what the woman in The Healing Rooms said to me, and I repented of it.

Back to The Healing Rooms. The woman said, "Will you repent of fear and guilt?" "Yes," I said, "I will. I am amenable." She led me in a short prayer, confessing these things, and said that they would LEAVE me. "Amen," I said.

Several made brief comments about healing and about receiving healing, and it was all so good, and my faith just kept soaring.

Then, THEN, a short little lady stood up, grabbed her Bible, stood in the center of the room, and said, "I see a BOOK." She talked for a few minutes, and these are the phrases that stood out to me: "BOOK!" "PAGES AND PAGES!" "A NEW (OR ANOTHER) CHAPTER!" Milton and I stared at each other. She didn't know I was an author, and she certainly didn't know that one of the biggest prayers of my heart has been, "Lord, somehow, let me finish my 'big book' (long-length, heart-touching, faith-building novel) I've been working on for two years, the one which I feel You 'gave' to me." Milton and I wept and wept.

Then someone read portions of Isaiah 53, and then they circled my chair, gently lay their hands on my shoulders, and as I heart the intercessors from the Intercessors' Room praying aloud in fervency, these women began to pray individually. They each had a powerful prayer, and Milton and I soaked them up. Then they circled Milton's chair and prayed for him, asking God to give him strength and peace and lots of other things.

After that, we hugged all around, and then we went into the main part, and Milton peaked into the Intercessors' Room, and said, "I want you to go in there for a few minutes before we go." We went in there, and the music flowed, and we prayed all together, creating some noise, but it was SO good and SO faith-building, and then I started dancing, and we laughed and we cried, and then they asked Milton to down, and they all circled him, and prayed prayers that shook Heaven's rafters. He wept and wept and wept.

That was our day.

When we had gone into the Intercessors' Room when we came out of the room with the handful of women, someone said, "How'd it go?" I said, "I have peace, joy, love, and HEALING!"

It was a day of faith!

"Thank You, Lord, for letting me experience what I did. It has built my faith to…outer space height?...no, higher than that. You are a good God, and I can't wait to see all the things You are going to help me accomplish. Amen."

***

As we left the two-hour session, one of the leaders handed me a copy of a pencil drawing of a laughing Jesus. "This is what God showed me Jesus looks like when He looks at you."

***

These pictures were taken in the Intercessors' Room. We didn't get any pictures in the "inner" room.

***

Later today, I hope to post our daughter Jennifer's take on what happened in The Healing Rooms TO HER. I marveled as she told us. Look for it later today, hopefully.

14 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger Maggie Brendan said...

Sounds like it was one fabulous day Kristy! I wondered if you felt any warmth or tingling in your body?

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

I love the Healing Rooms. Please remember - you can go back as often you want. I gather that you had a special appointment today, but keep going back - they'll keep praying with you. Persistent. Healed by his blood.
Blessings,

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Kristy, Milton, & family,

My heart rejoices with your hearts for the blessings the Lord rained down on you in the Healing Room.

This morning the Lord led me to the CNN interview with child artist Akiane, and would have me share this with you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZSGK5lvYMY

The Lord's word to me this morning is, "THE FAITH OF A CHILD."

He also gave me an awake vision of a shiny, red bicycle beside a Christmas tree. Wow, I'm encouraged! I'm going into the prayer closet for more...

Much love & continued prayers,
Nancy

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kristy and Milton,
Thanks for sharing your experiences at the Healing Rooms with us. I am so thankful you were surrounded by such love and faith. God is at work. We continue to pray for His best for you! I want to read that book!!!
Love and hugs,
Carrie

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Thanks for posting about the Healing Room. Praying!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Praise God for yesterday. I continue to pray for you!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Rose McCauley said...

Dear Kristy, thanks you and your family so much for sharing all of your experiences with us--especially this time of prayer and confirmation and healing. Continuing to pray for God to work out all He has planned for you--by His power, and for His purposes and praise! love, rose

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger THOMBU1 said...

What a blessed place. Oh that there could be Healing rooms in every city, and that they would be our own living rooms. I am convinced that we need to invite the Healing presence of our Mighty Lord into every room and space. I rejoice in this Special, Spiritual Hospital, as I see it where just like your medical treatment, focused targeted prayer has been aimed right at any thing that offends. I am convinced that we have lost sight as a Church that we have a Heavenly Father, who like our own earthly fathers care for His children, and is waiting, ready and willing to meet all of our needs according to His RICHES in Glory by His own Son, Jesus Christ, our Redeemer Healer, and Lord.
Peace to you today, tom

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

How Awesome is Our God!

Second thought, akin to Tom's: Can we not have this place in every state in the nation?

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Miralee Ferrell said...

There are healing rooms scattered across the country. I know there is one in Spokane, WA., and many others. In fact, they're very open to birthing one in your city if God sends anointed volunteers to man it. They have a wonderful success record and while I haven't visited an actual Healing Room, I've been involved in this type of ministry for years. It's indeed power packed but bathed in peace at the same time.

I'm SO thankful you decided to visit and I'm with Karen...go back again, when and if needed, or just go to soak up more of His wonderful spirit. I'm agreeing with everyone here for complete and total healing, through the mighty name and blood of Jesus.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

As Jennifer said, Elohim is bigger than GBM. I'm praying for Jehovah-Rapha to grant you complete healing! Then ... finish that book! I want to review it. :))

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

My family reminded me today that the woman who talked about "the book" said, "Pages and pages have been ripped out," and then she talked about the "new chapter" coming. We are taking that to mean that the cancer tried to take away my ability to write, but that God is going to help me write/complete those things/books He wants me to.

I'm feeling writers' juices flowing through me. Can't wait for the day I'm strong enough to hammer out my "big book" I've been working on for two years.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Hi, Brenda. No, I didn't feel any tingling or anything. But I did feel peace, joy, love, and healing.

However, today, as I took my radiation treatment, I felt tingling. Haha. I also saw a blue light flow across my closed left eye. I got the Blue Light Special! Haha.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Maggie Brendan said...

That's incredible, Kristy. We just have to believe your healing will take place. You inspire me by talking about your desire to write. I have no excuse now. Thank you for helping me with my blog and answering dumb questions the past few months.God bless you soooo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home