Tuesday, December 18, 2007

THE HEALING ROOM


"Would you like to go to The Healing Room?" my best friend Sandra B. asked.

"By all means!" I nearly shouted.

Tomorrow at 10 a.m., I will be there. Thanks in advance for joining me in prayer at that time. Wednesday, December 19, 10 a.m. EST.

Several years ago, premier fiction author Brandilyn Collins contracted Lyme disease due to a tick bite while jogging. Brandilyn is a leader in American Christian Fiction Writers, a professional writers' organization of which I am a member. She went into a wheelchair, and her prognosis looked bleaked. A member of our organization emailed us and requested a 24-hour "prayer chain" for Brandilyn, unbeknownst to her. On the very day of our 24-hours of prayer, her husband drove her to The Healing Room on the West coast where she lives.



A miracle occurred! She was healed of Lyme disease! She is in good health today and churning out the most wonderful novels. Her style (genre) is suspense (think Mary Higgins Clark). Brandilyn writes murder mysteries. Murder mysteries, you say? Yes, that's right. And the exciting part is, Brandilyn brings her faith into her novels and blesses and inspires and encourages readers all over the world. Don't we have a neat God? (Check out the exciting genres {categories} in Christian fiction. We have mysteries, suspense, historicals, contemporaries, futuristic, even fantasy! And more, more, more. If you like to read, there's a lot to choose from.)


After Brandiyn Collins's healing, CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network) sent a film/reporter crew to her house, and they filmed for eight hours recording her marvelous miracle.

When Sandra asked if I wanted to go to The Healing Room, I said a hearty, "Yes!!!" I'm believing and expectant of whatever God has for me.

***
To see Brandilyn Collins's TV interview, go to CBN, and type "Brandilyn Collins" in the Search button a the top. Her interview will pop up immediately. It'll thrill you and bless you.

***

Sandra is singing "His Eye Is On the Sparrow (And I Know He Watches Me)" at my house the night before my surgery on November 15, 2007.
I have two "Singing Sandras" in my life, my friend and my sister (brother Terry's wife). Isn't that neat?






11 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was part of the prayer vigil for Brandelyn. What a night and day that was. I think I had the 4:00 A.M. to 4:30 A.M. prayer spot. At the time I was so blessed in my spirit while praying for her, and wrote to tell her so. You are so right, God did INDEED do a miracle.

God repeatedly tells us He is no respector of persons, so You, Kristy, can be healed just the way Brandelyn was.

God Bless

B.J. Brooks (Robinson)
Praying for you daily

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Mary Connealy said...

I'll be praying for you, Kristy.

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been in my prayers every day, several times a day, Kristy. But I'll set aside a time tomorrow to pray specifically that Jesus will send His healing power through those who lay hands on you in the Healing Room.

I remember well Brandilyn's healing miracle. (You redheads sure are tenacious!) Can't wait till it's your turn to testify on CBN.

Much love always,
Nancy

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

I, too, was part of that prayer day for Brandilyn. Can't remember what time. Probably early in the morning. All I remember is when a couple days later she wrote us how unbeknown to her that we were setting up a day of prayer for her she set up an appt. with the healing room the same day. Then when she read email and saw that we were doing that she purposely didn't tell us what she was doing. That very same day that she went to the healing room God healed her, and by the time they arrived home she was able to walk around the house and up and down the stairs! She didn't want to announce it to us until after the day of prayer was over because she didn't want to interfere with peoples' hearts that were driven to pray for her that day. We all rejoiced and praised the Lord when we heard the news. I still do every time I see Brandilyn scurrying around at conference and coming in from a run.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Rose McCauley said...

Dear Kristy, I also was part of the group that prayed for Brandilyn's healing that day and already have it on my calendar to be in special prayer for you tomorrow at 10 AM, although I do pray for you several times during the day and night also. I will also post this to the ACFW prayer loop so many others will be praying. love, rose

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Soooo good to hear from all of you. Yes, that time was...well, how can you describe it, except that you have, so well! God is so good. I say that many times a day, out loud. I just can't help it. Or, I'll look heavenward, and say aloud, "God, You're so good to me! You did this...and that...and you provided this..., etc."

He is good!!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

I also was part of B's prayer loop! And we set up something similar for you, dear Kristy. Before your first rads session. We will keep at it!

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What and where is "The Healing Room"? I've never heard of it.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Have you told Brandily, Kristy? I know she'll be praying for you. As will all of us at ACFW.

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy, You will definitely be in my prayers as well. God IS Good!!! Yes,He still does Miracles,my husband is living proof of that. In 1974 he was in a plane crash with 49 fractures among other injuries, was told at most he would only be here for no more than 10 years, last March we were told he only had 2 months left due to cancer. Praise God for All His Love and Miracles!
Praying continuelly for you Kristy as well as your family.Especially in the morning.
In christian Lov,
Jackie Dedman

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Yes, Ane, I told Brandilyn today. She emailed me back. SAid she's reading my blog.

As to the question, what is The Healing Room? I don't know. But I want all the prayers I can get!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home