Wednesday, December 19, 2007

GOD AND GBM BY JENNIFER

God and GBM
By Jennifer


GBM stands for Glioblastoma Mulitiforme. Grade four brain cancer. Terminal. No cure and no way out.

Has anyone survived? When asked, the doctor replied, "What do you mean by survival?"

One doctor looked in my eyes and said, "When GBM is small, contained, and completely removed, the patient could live many more years."

My mother's GBM is large, not contained, and spread throughout. When my dad and I sat in the doctors office and heard once again how brutal GBM is, we caught each other's arms, and, unspoken, the look was between us was, "Oh God!"

The more I've thought about GBM and studied it, the more it has seemed that in the natural GBM is bigger than God. If it were any other cancer, any other type I could see...but GBM?

I've struggled in my heart about what God is up to, what His will is in all this. But I've decided I'm not going to worry about that any more. He can have His plan, His will, and I'm going to have His HOPE. The fact is, God IS bigger than GBM!!!

And GBM IS UNDER SUBMISSION TO OUR GOD!!! That tumor has to submit to God! I call it out by name and with the healing power of the name of Jesus, I command it to submit and in the same breath, I cry out to my merciful God for a miracle.

Kristy Dykes still has work for the Kingdom and a life of purpose left, and I ask for mercy and more time, God! With that, I'm not going to worry any more about the question, "Can He, will He?" I'm going forward with eternal HOPE. I'm convinced without hope there isn't life. I heard Him speak that into my hear: WITHOUT HOPE, THERE IS NO LIFE.

***

Kristy, here: Jennifer is the daughter on the right in both pictures. She writes, too, and her blog is It's All About Him. Two-and-a-half years ago, she was reading the novel Red by Ted Dekker and had a spiritual transformation that gave and continues to give her the strength to live out her very special, unique life.

Our other daughter is Julie.

Aren't I blessed?

***

I am going to The Healing Room today, Dec. 19, at 10 a.m. EST. I hope to write about my experience. Somebody asked me in the Comments section, "What is The Healing Room." I don't know. But I know I want all the prayers I can get!

Premier fiction author Brandilyn Collins received a healing from Lyme disease at The Healing Room several years ago. Click here (Tuesday, Dec. 18 post) and scroll down to the post entitled "The Healing Room."

I'm not asking God to duplicate what He did for her. I'm asking Him for a custom order. My prayer: "Lord, let my life count for You, in whatever way you see fit. Amen."

8 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

Praying the Scriptures. (And we know the Hebrew says our sicknesses are also on the cross with our sins:)

Isa 53:5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.


Habakkuk 3:2 NIV
LORD, I have heard of your fame;
I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD.
Renew them in our day,
in our time make them known;
in wrath remember mercy.

Matthew 18:19 "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."

Eph 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us....

Yes, please, Lord,glorify yourself in a miracle, in the mighty name of our Lord and Savior and Healer, Jesus Christ!


(((Big hugs))) and blessings,
Margo Carmichael

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger THOMBU1 said...

Jennifer I wrote this with the inspiration of the Lord I believe. I want to dedicate this to you at this time. May it encourage your faith, as you stand in Faith for your Mother. I had to stand in faith for my Dad when the doctors gave him 30 days to live. He was a man of great faith, and through the prayers of your Uncle Terry, and Gods mighty healing hand, he lived 20 plus years after that before the Lord took him home at 76. So be encouraged. With much love, your Brother in Christ. tom

Walk With Me

Walk with me when times are hard
Talk with me when words are few
Sing with me when a melody is in your heart
Come with me where I lead
Lean on me when times a tough
Trust in me when your way seems rough
Follow me when darkness appears
Keep me near all of your years
Stay with me, don’t ever depart
Keep me in the midst of your heart
I will lead the way
Give the words to pray
Speak to you every day
Meet you when you pray
So do not say
Where is the way
Or is He away
No I’m here to stay
In your heart today
Helping you to pray
Don’t go away
Walk with me.
tom

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thank you, Margo, for that powerful reminder. Those scriptures are LIFE!! I WILL pray them. Most, I memorized. My mother was #5 in the nation in the Henrietta Mears Sunday School Teacher of the Year Contest in 1995, and she had her children memorizing scripture from toddlerhood, and her students, too.

Thom, wow! What a testimony. And what beautiful words. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Maggie Brendan said...

You can bet that I'll be praying along with so many others for your healing today. God can do the impossible. I heard about Brandilyn's healing at my first conference--then I felt so fortunate for her to lay hands on me and pray for my writing and muscle pain in my body when I was in Nashville. My muscle pain is almost 95% better and God continues to amaze me on my writing journey. We serve a big God. Love you.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger SRI said...

Just to let you know we'll be praying for you downunder as well.

lee

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

I will be praying for you Kristy at 9 a.m. my time 10 yours. God never leaves us or forsakes us. We know what God did for Brandilyn, and like you said, He has a custom-made work just for you. I am believing Him for a miracle. YOUR miracle. He told the Israelites that He would heal their diseases and He still heals today!

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying, dear Kristy! Hurry back! I'm waiting to hear all about your miracle!

GOD IS SOOOO GOOD TO US!!!

GLORY TO OUR KING!

Much love & continued prayers,
Nancy

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers. It was a marvelous day of faith. That's what my blog post is entitled tomorrow: "A Day of Faith." It's a reporting of what went on in my session at The Healing Rooms.

God is so good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home