Friday, July 18, 2008

SACRED DREAMS IN THE NIGHT

Milton, here for Kristy:

One morning Kristy told me she dreamed in the night she swallowed a giant marshmallow.

"That's an unusual dream," I said.

As we were getting out of bed all of a sudden she said, "My pillow, my pillow, it's gone!"

Ha!

That didn't happen, of course, and it certainly isn't sacred, but Kristy loved telling that joke and she does believe that some dreams of the night have significant, sacred meaning.

The Bible teaches us that dreams can have meaning, and I believe that they can have meaning and bearing on our lives today. I'm not saying every dream as meaning, but there are times they do.

Several people have called or sent word to me that they have had dreams about Kristy. I will not go into detail or share them, but I would like for you to pray specifically about a dream a dear friend of almost forty years expressed with tears over the phone that he had Wednesday night that included Kristy and me. I believe it has sacred, spiritual meaning.

Again, I will not share the details but just to say that he felt, and I agree, that Kristy is experiencing a spiritual, oppressive attack. That might seem to be the obvious, but without going into detail I felt that I should ask for prayer over this matter for Kristy and for me.

Pray that I will be strong to withstand the enemies attack against her. This isn't about Kristy giving any place to the enemy or whether she receives healing or not in this life. It is about the peace and grace of God abounding totally over her and our home. Reading her past posts will testify to the peace of mind and strength of faith she has. There is a cloud of peace over her and a chair of strength under her.

I do not care to get into a theological debate in my mind or with anyone over this matter, but I know that we do need much prayer. God's grace through the Holy Spirit will give the victory over any work of the enemy.

God is able to break every oppressive spirit for "greater is He that is within us than he that is in the world." (I John 4:4)

As I sat with Kristy Thursday night, she asked out of the clear blue, "Do you believe?"

"Yes, I do believe, Kristy," I said. "We believe together."

I whispered sweet prayers of God's love into her ear.

***

How is Kristy?

Thursday was a restful and sleepy day for Kristy. She had some pain but no hallucinations.

Julie came back Wednesday evening without her boys but came down with strep throat and is aching all over. She is staying away from all of us, but I am helping care for her.

Jennifer was diagnosed Tuesday with psoriasis. She has a bad rash on her legs up to her hips that has been like fire on occasion. Thankfully she appears to be getting better. The doctor said it was a rare reaction from strep throat that she had.

I am taking care of Kristy with help from our friend Sandra and our CNA.

Rebecca is coming to help today for the next days.

God is our strength and refuge. He is present with us.

16 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but Kristy and your family have been very heavy on my heart for quite some time. I pray for you and your family daily and am believing for Kristy's healing. For the past 3 years, both of my parents have dealt with and still continue to deal with cancer. God's hand of mercy and faithfulness has been amazing through it all. I understand your helplessness feelings and pray for continued strength from the Lord for you. May the healing blood of Jesus cover your entire household from this moment forward! Hang on, the night is almost over.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger NancyMehl said...

Satan's goal is always to kill, steal and destroy. Jesus came to give abundant life.

I am standing with you against Satan's plan.

How wonderful that you have friends who love you so deeply that the Holy Spirit is able to speak to them. You are truly blessed.

I believe that God (and Kristy) will triumph over ALL the works of the enemy.

God bless you all,

Nancy

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Kay Day said...

God is good. He is always good.
You just keep singing His praises. The enemy HATES that!
Holding you up in prayer...

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, you guys have sure had it rough the past couple of weeks. I pray that you will all receive God's healing and that everyone (including Aunt Kristy) will be back to full strength very soon. Make sure that Jennifer's condition is actually psoriasis. It could be shingles, which I've had. They are similar, and are very painful, and can be very harmful if left untreated. Mine were caused by stress, and I know Jennifer is under a great deal herself, so it could actually be shingles rather than psoriasis. Just a thought, though. I love you guys, and am praying for you daily. Also, tell Julie that I hope she recovers quickly from her strep throat. I know how painful that is, as well.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger B. J. Brooks said...

I agree with Caroline, I've had shingles from stress and they are extremely painful. Praying for you all, and know God is working.

I fully believe in dreams as I think the Holy Spirit is ever present and when we finally slow down and rest He can talk to us through our dreams.

Keep praying over Kristy and laying hands on her. The human touch is so soothing as well as your voice. I'm sure she hears everything and rests easier as you talk to her.

I'm praying for continued Peace, Health and Healing in your household.

You are all such an inspiration to all of your many readers.

Many Blessings,
B.J. Brooks
(Robinson)

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger A Romantic Porch said...

Praying...interceding. Sincerely, Rachel Going

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Standing with you in prayer for Kristy and you, Milton. I'm praying a hedge of thorns around you both and an encampment of angels around your house led by Jehovah-Sabaoth to do battle.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Praying that the enemy will be bound and taken far, far away where Jesus wants him to go. That God our Father will put a hedge of protection around all of you. Praying protection against illness and for healing.

God is good. He will do it.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Mary Connealy said...

I'm praying for you and Kristy and Jennifer.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Maggie Brendan said...

Praying for you and Kristy as always, daily.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

Praying for Kristy, you, and the entire family.

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I firmly believe that God gives us dreams. He uses them to warn us, protect us, deliver us, and show us of things to come, etc. Just as He's doing with you now.

I pray that God’s peace, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus, our Lord.

My dear brother, as you wait for that rhema word from Heaven, remember this from the Scriptures: “And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling. Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.”
(Daniel 10: 11-13 KJV).

Daniel's words were heard as soon as he spoke them, but the big guns got held up in battle along the way. No matter, though, they came.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

((((((((((Kristy & Milton))))))))))

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Dear Friends,
We are lifting you up this evening, asking the Lord to heal, protect, and watch over you tonight. May you all rest well, knowing He is always awake and on guard. May His love Love and Peace encircle you all.
Blessings,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have been praying for all of you every service at our church and in our home. Our 12 yr old son just came back from youth camp and told us "Guess who we prayed for at camp? Kristy Dykes!" He thought it was so cool cuz we are always praying for her! So just to let you know you guys had 400 crazy teens praying for you at the Pen Fl camp!! We will continue to pray as you all fight this battle!!

Yvonne Clanton

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ones,
We are standing with you against this attack of the enemy! Prayers of intercession are rising up on behalf of precious Kristy, those beautiful girls of your, Julie, suffering from strep and Jennifer, plagued with that terrible rash and YOU , Bro Milton, for God's peace and strength in the midst of this tempest. I agree that the rash could be shingles. There is nothing too hard for our God to do! We are here for you! Love & blessings, Sylvia & Mark Thomas

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been a regular church goer in years. There have been questions in my heart and in my faith that I just couldn't reconcile with my "practical" side, I suppose.

I have now read Kristy's entire blog, her words as well as yours, Milton, and you two together have inspired me to look beyond the "practical" and into the "faithful". I have been praying for Kristy, and I didn't even know that I "knew" how to pray. But when I did, a peace washed over me that I've never felt before.

She is an amazing person, and I wish only the best for her, and for you, and for your beautiful family. Kristy is showing me the way to faith, which is something I didn't believe was possible until now, until I saw her spirit and her spunk and her faith.

God bless your family. I am thinking of you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home