Sunday, June 29, 2008

THE GLORY OF HIS PRESENCE

Milton, here for Kristy:

There is a very keen, unusal presence of God that is filling our home. We have dedicated our lives to bring honor and glory to His name. God's presence has filled our marriage and now the glory of His presence is deeper, fuller, sweeter, stronger, and sustaining. We are grateful that He is walking with us.

How is Kristy?

Yesterday she had a turn for the worse with fever, confusion, and is much weaker. Her breathing is shallow and struggles to have any communication. We had to call the hospice nurse in the night, and thankfully, Kristy began to rally.

This morning, Sunday, she recognizes me, but is very, very weak.

We are trusting in His loving care. Please continue to pray for Kristy and us. We are grateful for your intercessions on our behalf.

***

Kristy wrote this post over two years ago. I am humbled and grateful to have such a wife who earnestly sought God for her life mate. Oh, I have been blessed.

***

Kristy, here from a previous post.

I've written a novel that echoes mine and Milton's love story, and I have permission from Mrs. Ruth Graham to use her poem in my novel. One day I hope to see that story published, for the theme is "Purity before marriage and fidelity afterward bring great reward." Oh, it's so romantic!I hope you enjoy reading "Let Him Be Like Thee" and "And So He Came," below.I bless you in the name of the Lord today, that those who are close to you who are seeking a mate will find God's choice, the best choice. Amen.

Let Him Be Like Thee

By
Ruth Graham (Mrs. Billy)

"Dear God," I prayed, all unafraid,
(As girls are apt to be),
"I do not want a handsome man,
But let him be like Thee.
"I do not need one big and strong,
Nor one so very tall,
Nor need he be some genius,
Or wealthy, Lord, at all.
"But let his head be high, dear God,
And let his eyes be clear,
His shoulders straight, whate'er his state,
Whate'er his earthly sphere.
"And let his face have character
A ruggedness of soul,
And let his whole life show, dear God,
A singleness of goal.
"And when he comes, as he will come,
With quiet eyes aglow,
I'll understand that he's the man
I prayed for long ago."

And So He Came

By
Kristy Dykes (Mrs. Milton)

"And so he came, dear Lord, one day,
And set my heart aglow,
I knew he was the one I prayed for,
On that day so long ago.
"I prayed so modestly, dear Lord,
And didn't ask for much,
But You knew all along, dear Lord,
And used Your heavenly touch.
"He's as handsome as a picture
With hair as black as coal.
And eyes that always understand,
Revealing his compassionate soul.
"He is so very tall and strong
But that's not all, dear Lord,
His heart is full of tenderness,
That only love affords.
"I've met the one You chose for me
My heart is filled with mirth,
I thank You, Lord, so very much,
For heaven here on earth."

***

Milton, here:

I did not write a poem for our wedding ceremony, but I have written volumes about my dear, sweet redhead since then. Oh, how God has blessed me with the most wonderful wife, friend, and lover.

19 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the Dykes Family:
My prayer for you...

Today,
May His face shine upon you
and give you peace
May His touch rest on you
and bring you comfort
May His hand hold you close
to give you support
May His eye behold you,
to make you secure
May His feet carry you
to bear your load
May His voice speak tenderly
to your spirit
and still your soul
For His heart is turned toward you
to sustain you with His love.

-J

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger nanatrish said...

How tender and sweet. We love you guys and continue to pray.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Lauralee Bliss said...

Love to you.

Lauralee Bliss

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you, with all my love.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Cari Quinn said...

Milton and Kristy,

Since November, your journey has profoundly affected me and continues to daily. As always, I'm thinking about and praying for you and yours.

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...In His time, In His time
He makes all things beautiful in His time."

So sweetly, so tenderly and lovingly have you both loved one another. Such camaraderie I've "witnessed" between you two friends and lovers, as husband and wife. Just as Ruth and Billy Graham were meant to be, so goes the story with Kristy and Milton Dykes. The story will never die. The story will live on, forever and ever in all our hearts, as well as your very own. Such dignity. I suspect the aroma of your sweet love permeates your home. It's also the sweet, sweet Spirit of the Lord Jesus at such a time as this. How I thank you and adore you for touching my life and the lives of so many others' -

God be with you, tenderly, is my prayer.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Dear Friends,
You are on our hearts and minds today. We are lifting you up to the Father, asking for mercy, grace and strength to flow straight from Heaven into your hearts.

You are precious to the Lord and to us.

Sending love and prayers for you all today.
Carrie in NJ

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

Beautiful. Still praying and thinking of your entire family.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

Praying for you and your family, may God bless you richly, even in the face of adversity. It's all in His hands.
Blessings,

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dykes family,
I am praying for you all in Jonesboro, Arkansas.
Stay Strong!
Karla

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Praying in San Antonio.

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying in Southwest Florida!

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton and Kristy:
It's so encouraging to know that the presence of the Lord is so strong in your midst. Our love and prayers are with you daily. Blessings, blessings,blessings!
Steve and Kathy

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Debby Mayne said...

I'm continuing to pray for y'all. Thank you for keeping us updated, Milton. Everyone who knows Kristy loves her.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Praying in Arlington Heights, IL (Chicago burbs)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Mary Connealy said...

I'm praying for you all.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am continuing to pray for you all, and trust the Lord will continue to comfort you and give you peace. Prayers, Patti
from Georgia
Psalm 105:4

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

Praying and praising in everything, and sending huge (((HUGS))) and blessings to all of you, in the mighty name of Jesus.

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Rambling On said...

What you and Kristy have is something very special... something so many people only dream of. You are indeed blessed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home