Tuesday, September 16, 2008

COUSINS IN A PUERTO RICAN PARK

Milton, here for Kristy:

A year ago Kristy and I made our last visit together to San Juan, Puerto Rico, to see our daughter and her family. Now I am here alone and it is a bitter-sweet visit. I am so glad to 
here, but it is so obvious someone important is missing. Kristy was our light, our energy, the pizzazz of this show, the enthusiasm to press to the new, the joy that renewed our strength. 

Kristy is missed.

Monday afternoon Jennifer took the kiddies to the park, and I tagged along and enjoyed being with them. But I couldn't help but feel our loss. The silence of her voice was too loud and too obvious. 

This sounds like we will never recover, but we will. I know we will recover from her loss. There will always be a hurt and her pizzazz will never be recovered,  but we will go forward. I know we will.

We did so much together. We traveled all over the Nation and many parts of the world enjoying our partnership in life and ministry. 

I try to fill in the gaps with the kiddies but that is like trying to take a mosquito and turn it into the mighty lion. It ain't gonna happen. So I will not try. I will be the best papa I can be and fill in some of the gaps watching to see where there is hurt and need.

Look at the pics of the grands in the park. Claudia is hugging her cousin Enrique. Lorenzo is looking to Jennifer for food. Jennifer's friend and sister-in-law are there with their kiddies. We spent a couple of hours with the kiddies
running around and getting muddy and having a ball.

See those mud puddles in front of Claudia and her cousin? See the little dolly in Claudia's hand. The mud in front of her got all over that dolly in her hand. 

That is what going to the park is all about. It is about having fun with your cousin, and getting mud all over you.

We miss nana and her helping hands. She would have taken care of all that mud.

Watching Lorenzo and Claudia with their cousins playing brought lots of memories from my childhood long ago. I have lots of cousins and growing up with them was special. Dad is one of nine and mom had five. That made for a big time when family gatherings took place. We all had a blast and many of my cousins are following our journey and are praying me through the toughest time of my life.

Cousins, I know you are out there. In Alabama, and Arizona, and Newfoundland, and Georgia, and Tennessee, and California, and North Carolina,  and Oregon, and Florida, and..... 

You are there, aren't you?

Thank you for all your prayers. 

I need the prayer and you need the practice. 

Please keep it up.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Hi Milton,
Thanks for sharing about your time with your daughter and grands. Going to the park and getting muddy go hand-in-hand. Glad you all have such a good attitude about it. That will make great memories for the kids and their cousins.

We saw my son off to Iraq on Sunday night. I was comforted by the prayers of so many, and also by the evidence of God's work in His life. Letting go of those we love, even for a short while is tough, but with God's help we can make it....and I know you will too. One day at a time, holding on to His hand.

I am headed for ACFW tomorrow with memories of my dear friend Kristy in my heart. I will follow her example and reach out and encourage others. What a wonderful mentor and example she has been to all of us.

I am praying for you and your dear family.
Blessings from Carrie in NJ

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Carrie from (Sis) Norma,

Carrie,
May God provide for every need your son will encounter, may He guide his steps--even the timing of his journey. May God go before your son to provide shelter and defense against any attempt to harm him and may the Lord give you peace while he is away.

Our prayer team has prayed for many soldiers with family members in our church. Often we had a specific direction to pray that we knew was given by direction of Holy Spirit--detail prayers. We would hear later of how these prayers were answered.

So, whenever you sense a nudge to pray--stop and pray-even if you don't understand.

We will rejoice with you when he returns!!

Norma

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cousin, we are still here lifting you and the whole family up in prayer.

Donnie

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donnie, I knew you were there. Just needed a little nudge.

Thanks for commenting, and even more thanks for your continued prayers.

I trust all is well with your family.

Blessings, Milton

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Still keeping you in prayer.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

Still praying - and after all, we're all cousins if we go back far enough. I know you're building some special memories with Jennifer and the grans. I know it's hard for everyone right now, but I know God is getting you through all this. I know Jennifer and Julie have a Hero-Dad.
Blessings,

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Milton,
There is a family here in Tennessee, maybe not your cousins, but brothers and sisters in Christ - we're praying and holding you up in prayer, daily. Since I began reading about this journey, back in February, you've been in our prayers, and on our minds. Everyday when I check in, I sense the things you, Julie and Jennifer must be experiencing. I know it's still a heavy load you're lugging on your back. Yes, we know God is faithful. In our humanity, pain is REAL. Hurt is REAL. Lonliness is REAL. Christians still have to learn through the coping process. God is God, as He's always been, and will always BE. Know that you are in our hearts daily, and we're praying that God will see you through. The sun is still shining, and it's all around you, our dear Milton. May God be with you, friend....

Cathy and family,
Tennessee

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton...
How great is the Lord's Spirit...
He is ever present in time of need...
His ministry is to comfort you and your family...each and every time you need His Special Divine Touch.

Song...
"He Was There All The Time"...

...and you have truly shared how the Lord has been...is now...and will always be...There for YOU all the time!

Song...
"Learning To Lean on Jesus"...

Amazing how these have words that soothe us in every phase of our lives...just when we think we know it all...or maybe have it all...
life takes 'a turn' to bring us back to leaning on Him.

We love you and your family!
God IS with you...
...even when you are alone...
...He IS there!...
Just Marvelous...isn't He?

God love you and hold you close to Him today and in the days to come.
YOU are special...
Song...
"...in His sight...Jesus Loves His Children"
...no matter where you go..He Loves YOU!

Blessings...
Steve and Darlene
West Columbia, South Carolina

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, I do apologize that it has been so long since you heard from your cousin in Canada. Janice and I were in Germany visiting Taylor and Andreas this summer when Kristy went to be with the Lord. Since returning to Newfoundland, we have been, and are still, consumed with moving to a new house....not an easy job after living in the same place for 30 years.

However, please know that you are constantly on my mind as your blog is the first thing I read every morning. I have never felt so close to my family as I have during this experience.... consequently, I have never prayed for my cousins as much as I have since I started reading this blog. Each day Janice and I pray that the Lord will strengthen you and bless you.

Until you wrote about it, I had never thought too much about the stunning example of Grandmother Dykes in being left alone to run a business and raise 9 children. We (the 29 Dykes first-cousins) have inherited an incredible heritage of faith, courage, and perseverance. We have an enormous responsibility to follow in her footsteps as well as the extraordinary Christian example of our own parents....and to pass that legacy on to our children and grandchildren.

When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!


Please know that you are more than welcome to come to St. John's at any time. We have plenty of room in our new home...getting ready for grandchildren...none yet!

Kinette

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cousin Milton,

Yes we are here and praying for you and your girls every day. I have read Kristy's blog every day since the start of this difficult journey ...some days I have cried and other days you have made me laugh. You are really special Milton. This entire blog from the beginning is a remarkable love story. I was glad that I was able to be at the homecoming celebration for Kristy. Please know that you are loved. If you can get away one weekend come on out to see us. We live in Las Cruces, NM now and would love to have you come out and visit. We'll take you out to see the Indian ruins on our ATV's in the desert! Much love, your cousin, Beth Jasso

 

Post a Comment

<< Home