Saturday, September 13, 2008

A PRINCESS, AN AMIGO, AND FEELIN' SPECIAL

Milton, here for Kristy:

Working single moms are amazing. Our daughter, Julie, is one and she is one special woman. She is an outstanding teacher, mother,  and a super young lady. I helped her get her two little guys off to school Friday morning and left them to head to San Juan, Puerto Rico, to be with our other young mommy, Jennifer.

Jen picked me up at the airport with her two little ones, Claudia and Lorenzo, and wow, did they ever make me feel special. They giggled and squealed and hugged and laughed and just make me feel that I am the best Papa in the world. Claudia is my little princess and Lorenzo is my amigo. They make their Papa feel special.

As we drove away from the airport, Claudia asked about her Nana and when we were going to heaven to see her. We talked about heaven and Nana and how that one day we will all be there together. They want Kristy's loving hands to touch them and her special care to watch over them. 


I have spent just a few hours with my daughters and their little ones without my beloved. She will never be at our gatherings. The hurt gets worse and the tears flow more. That is how it is when there is deep love. Deep love, faithful love, committed love doesn't wash away by the mere passing of a few days of fit-full busyness. 

Kristy made life better. She improved everything around her. Things got shinier, brighter, prettier, when she put her touches to them. She made our grands shine. She put extra loving in our hearts. Our daughters have grown into gifted young women by her model and grace. 

When I think of what I was when Kristy married me and the better man she helped make me, I shudder to think how I will fare in the future. My only hope is the grace of God and Kristy getting Jesus to send me some help.

4 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton...
Oh...the beautiful touch of Grands! ...and of course your daughters have a very special touch that comes Kristy pouring her life into such precious...
like you said... "Young Women"...
You got to 'feel a little touch of Kristy' as they touched your life this week.

You are faithfully in our prayers... God's grace IS with you all...even when it doesn't feel the best at the moment... 'grief of loss'... HIS grace IS still with you...and I'm sure... somehow... someway... Kristy's influence with the Lord is banked in Heaven...in the storehouse of Prayers to be Answered @ The Right Time...banked there for YOU and your FAMILY... "The answers you seek are on the way!"

Be encouraged...and each passing day brings the answers closer to you. ...for our GOD hears and answers prayers continually...

We love you...
Thanks for touching our lives with your journey...daily!
God Bless You...
Steve and Darlene Allen
West Columbia, South Carolina

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful to know you're being able to be with your beautiful daughters and grands! God is just soooo good! (I'll never again, within my lifetime, say that phrase without Kristy coming to my mind....God is just soooo good.) You're climbing higher, and higher, and higher each step that you take, Milton. I know you still miss your gorgeous gal, as you've expressed before. You will always miss her, but God will fill your life with specialties of His doing. This is the beginning of your new life in Him. He knows what we need, and when we need it...and you are upon the threshold of a blossoming future...one that God has already put in place...like a beautifully wrapped gift, tied with a special bow.....it's in its place of honor, waiting for just the right moment. God's grace and power encircle your head like a wreath...you shower God's blessings in every word that you speak, in every place that your foot should step, for that's part of God's plan. You, Milton, are a light upon a hill....shining in the darkness for all the world to see. MY SON, YOU CAN MAKE IT -- FOR I GO BEFORE YOU, I WILL MAKE THE CROOKED PATHS STRAIGHT.. AND A LIGHT WILL SHINE ABOUT YOU...I WILL BRING JOY IN THE MORNING, AND YOUR SLEEP SHALL BE FRESH AS THE MORNING DEW..I KNOW WHAT YOU NEED, AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS IN THE DAY WHICH YOU KNOWETH NOT...BE FAITHFUL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD...I AM YOUR HELPMATE...I AM YOUR FIRST LOVE...I HAVE THE ANSWERS, RIGHT HERE WITHIN MY VERY HAND...GO, IN ME, IN PEACE, MY SON.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Warm Heartfelt Hug, Dear Milton. God Will Help You--Throw yourself into His Grace-filled Arms. He Loves you so!

Kate.

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you got to spend time with your beautiful daughters & grandchildren, Milton. I'm sure that you see your true love, Kristy, in every one of them. That's the beauty of family...when our loved ones leave here, we still see them in the faces and the hearts of those who remain.

You and Kristy have passed on a Godly heritage to your lovely daughters and precious grands. What a priceless treasure! And add to that all those who were lost but came to Christ through your ministry with Kristy. And marriages saved because they got to see what a Godly marriage should look like.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY through the smiles, through the tears. Our Lord knows all and sees all, and He knows exactly how to minister to us at all times. I pray He releases such a strong "cloud of peace" that you recognize it with your five senses and beyond.

The Lord has GREAT plans for your life, Brother Milton.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home