Sunday, September 14, 2008

CRUSIN' OLD SAN JUAN IN A CONVERTIBLE...

Milton, here for Kristy:

Old San Juan is beautiful. 

There are forts, and cobbled stone and brick streets, and ocean views, and old churches, and neat outdoor restaurants, and shopping areas, and bike riding, and a mix of the old with the new, and busy people everywhere serving tourist and enjoying an island paradise.

The economy here is taking a beating with so many hurting. There is not a very large middle class like in so many of the Caribbean Islands and Central and South America. Thankfully my daughter and son-in-law are doing OK, but it is tough for so many.

Javier just purchased a two seater convertable sportscar, and Jennifer took me on a ride Friday night with the top off, and we rode through Old San Juan. The night life there is busy--though there were not any cruise ships in port. Tourism in Old San Juan is vital to the people.

Kristy purchased a number of really nice purses in the tourist shopping districts on past visits here. I guess my daughters, or sisters, or sister-in-laws, or church deacon's wives have them now. I am so happy that they celebrate her life by enjoying them. I have asked all of them to let me know they have one with them when I am present. On occasion, some of the have called or emailed and said they were wearing her jewelry or had her purse. It comforts me to know she is remembered and her life is celebrated.


I look forward to enjoying Old San Juan with Jennifer and the grands for a few days. Puerto Rico is a beautiful island. Jennifer loves it here and their family is doing well. I am grateful for God's faithfulness to them, and I believe God has great things in store for them. 


Javier, Jennifer's husband, is a professional biker. He has bikes that cost more than some cars I have owned! He rides hundreds of miles 
on bikes. Today he went on a 50+ mile ride. That really was not such a long ride for him.

I will tell you a funny story about my biking in Old San Juan on a past visit. You will wonder about me when you read it.






The last picture was taken after the top was put back on their convertible. Doesn't Jennifer look beautiful? I have two adorable, very pretty, and outstanding daughters who remind me of their mom in so many ways. 

I am blessed.




2 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Milton, your two daughters are beautiful and also sweet and talented. I know you all miss Kristy so much, but I am so glad for the love the three of you and the precious grandchildren have for each other. I pray for you all daily. I miss Kristy, too.

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, God's presence was awesome in the Church service this morning. The worship and praise was indeed a spiritual uplift.

It was an honor to fill your pulpit in your stead and declare God's word.

My message was entitled,
"America at the fork."

You were certainly missed, but your people treated us very warmly as usual.

Love,

Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home