Thursday, September 11, 2008

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO HEAVEN?

Milton, here for Kristy:

Claudia asked, "When are we going to heaven to see Nana, Papa?

I had told her several weeks ago that we would see Nana again in heaven but that it would be a long time. How long is a long time to a four year old? Only about a week or so. To Claudia a long time had passed and it was time to go see Nana in heaven.

She also wanted to know how we were going to go there? "Papa, how will we get to heaven to see Nana," she asked?

Well there are no easy answers to give a four year old to questions like that, but I told her that I was coming to see her and that we would talk about all that when I arrived. She seemed to accept my answer to her.

Today I will drive to Tampa and see Julie and her two boys, Alex and Nic. On Friday I will fly from Tampa to San Juan and spend a few days with Jennifer Javier and their two children, Claudia and Lorenzo. I will return to Tampa and spend a few days there with Julie, Alex and Nic before I head back home.

I have a special gift for them from Kristy. Kristy recorded herself reading a book to the kids and telling them some "Knock, Knock" jokes. I have it on my computer and am going to make each of them a CD of Nana reading a story and telling them jokes. Kristy also read the salvation Scriptures to them from John and Romans. 

I wiped tears again today as I listened to her reading. She taped this after her brain surgery when reading was so very difficult and almost impossible for her to do. She tried several times until she got it taped in an acceptable way for them.

I will take pictures of Nana and the kiddies that we took before she passed and go with them to a photo center and let them pick a picture that they like of her. Then we will get a tough picture frame to put them in that will be each grandchilds own personal photo of their Nana.

We all have had a tough time dealing with her loss. I have untold numbers of people who have told me how surreal it is for Kristy to be gone. It is unbelievable.

6 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, These are great things do to with the children. This will help them continue their close feelings for her. See, you too, are very creative! One day you might want to write a book on How a "Family" Deals With "Life" While Waiting To Go To Heaven. Still praying for you all.

Trk N 4JC

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Milton,
What a beautiful, loving way for you to help your grandchildren remember Kristy and work through their loss. I know they will treasure the story telling, verses, jokes, and photos. I am glad you are going to spend time with them. I know they will be a comfort to you.

I am headed to NC to spend the weekend with my son who is in the Marines. He is going to Iraq for six months and leaves Sunday night. Parting with those we love, even for a short time is never easy. Please remember Ben in your prayers.

Then on Wednesday I leave for ACFW in Minneapolis where I will gather with Christian fiction author friends. I know we will be sharing memories of Kristy, and we will be missing her.

I am praying for you all today,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

I pray that you will be doubly blessed on your trip and that your time with your daughters and grans will be wonderful for all. They certainly need you and you need them. May Daddy God go before and prepare the way.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

There's a hole, isn't there? A void where she was. I experienced it when my mom, my daughter-in-law and my dad all went Home within a 4 month period.

I'm praying the Lord will soothe the rawness of it and help to fill the "hole" with His presence.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This trip...is a God Send! Enjoy...
their hugs...their touch...their words...their love...their questions, too!

You all have questions...only time will bring the answers...and that's God's Plan.

You need each other...
...and that is good...
You love each other...
...and that is grand...
You help each other...
...that is perfection...
You mend together...
...that is great...
You work it out...
...that is beautiful...
You find peace in this storm...
...that is where Jesus is...

Be Blessed!
Have a safe trip!

Thanks for sharing...
...you are teaching us...
We appreciate you...
...His presence is with you all...

Steve and Darlene
West Columbia, South Carolina

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

What nice memorials for your grandchildren. I remember Mom singing a song to me when I lost my dad at four years old on Christmas Day. It was a song about a little girl's father waiting for her in heaven, but I don't know what the name of it was. I only remember how it comforted me at the time.

Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home