Wednesday, September 17, 2008

OVERCOMING THE BLUES IN BLUE WATER

Milton, here for Kristy:

Water is the word in Puerto Rico. 

If you don't like water, stay home because there is water and water and more water. The water is blue with tints of green and it is gorgeous.


Look at the color of that water and that island and those beautiful kiddies and that handsome older guy and did I say humble too. What could be better than life in the Caribbean?

Mustafa, Javier's friend, took us to Palomenito Island on the eastern part of Puerto Rico. I had hoped to snorkel 
 but Mustafa rode his bike from San Juan to meet us at his boat. He couldn't carry the snorkeling gear on his bike so maybe 
next time we can enjoy snorkeling.

I often told Kristy she could be famous if she made me rich. Now that didn't happen, but maybe one day I will have a boat. That is what I always told her I would buy when her boat came in.

We preached many times in different parts of the Caribbean on Tortolla, and Virgin Gorda, and St. Thomas, and St Croix, and Cuba, and the Bahamas. 

Can you believe that I never preached in Puerto Rico? We always stopped over in Puerto Rico to see Jennifer or went to her church.







I walked around the island in just a few moments as it is so small. I made a big "K" for Kristy with a large stick in the sand. Blue deep moods were overcoming me, but I didn't stay there. It is just plain hard to go anywhere and not think about that gal. I thought about her for 37 years and I cannot turn those thoughts off in 7 weeks. I loved her too much, too deeply, too long. I will never turn those thoughts off. She meant too much to me.

***

Many of Kristy's writer friends are meeting for the annual American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) Conference held this year in Minneapolis, Minesota. She loved that group. I have met many of them in past gatherings and plan on attending the conference maybe next year. I seriously considered doing it this year, but I just wasn't quite ready yet to face the world.

Ladies and gents at the conference, thank you all for your prayers and kindness to Kristy and our family. You made us feel like part of your family. 

Have a great conference.

May all your writing goals and dreams come true. Keep writing and submitting. You will leave a legacy one day too.

I couldn't help but post this favorite picture of mine of Kristy that I took in downtown Jacksonville on the St. Johns River in front of the Main Street Bridge.

9 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Thank you for sharing the picture of Kristy, in her favorite color, no less! It made me smile.

Kate.

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Beautiful picture of Kristy. No wonder it's a favorite. She was a beautiful lady in many ways. I love water. Puerto Rico is beautiful. My students say PR. I love the color of the tints of the water. Turquoise is one of my favorite colors. Maybe one day you'll preach in PR and have a boat.

Barb

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give yourself time to grieve and begin a process of healing. It certainly will take time. I've been married 36 years and because we're older now, I periodically try to imagine what it would be like if I were alone and even as a
Christian, I don't know how I will do it if/when that should happen.

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,
I must have had Kristy on my mind yesterday as I packed my suitcase. As I hung out my clothes, I noticed an aqua theme in most of my outfits. Kristy always said that any shade of aqua made a girl look good.

Praying for you as you mourn and learn to live a life without your beloved.

Patty Smith Hall

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, Milton, and such beautiful memories that you're so kind to share with us. I see this picture of Kristy that you posted and it's nearly impossible to believe she's gone. I hope you do attend the ACFW conference next year, and that you'll have some of Kristy's proposals with you. I looked back on this blog, around the time Kristy was diagnosed with cancer, and she mentioned several times how she wanted one book in particular to get published. With the way Kristy kept meticulous notes, maybe you can see to that.

Praying for you and your precious family,
Nancy

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, Kristy was so photogenic!
This is an absolute gorgeous picture of an absolutely gorgeous girl - your girl! I know it remains HARD to deal with, brother. Don't ever forget we're all out here pulling for you, prayiing for you...still in your corner!

God Bless
A friend in Christ

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of Kristy.

Thank you so much for sharing.

You will not forget your beloved, Miltion. Not ever. But life is but a blink of an eye on this earth.

One day, you will be reunited with your true love in Heaven, with Jesus.

We think of your family always, and pray for you daily.

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Maybe Kristy's guiding me in my shopping. I have always loved turquoise and peach. I recently bought two turquoise blouses and a coworker told me I should wear that color more often, that it's my color, but I always thought peach was.
Barb

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Catching up on e-mail and blogs after the conference. Realized how MUCH we missed our beautiful gal. The first time I met Kristy she had on a red cowboy hat at conference. What fun!

Praying in San Antonio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home