Saturday, September 20, 2008

SELECTING A NANA PICTURE

Milton, here for Kristy:

Life with the little people is busy. 

Friday afternoon in Tampa, I took Nic and Alex to the camera center at Walmart to pick out picture frames and pictures of their Nana. I had promised them last week when I came through Tampa on my way to Puerto Rico that I would be back this week for a few days visit and take them to pick out a picture of their own to have of their Nana.

That was one of the first things they asked when I got back was when are we getting the pictures? I took my flash drive filled some of the pictures of Kristy that I thought they would like and off to Walmart we went. 

I haven't been to one of the self-service photo labs so I had to get some help. We put the flash drive in and there were over 450+ pictures and most of them of Kristy or Kristy and some of the family. There are hundreds and hundreds and probably into the few thousands of pictures that we have of Kristy alone with many videos too.

I got some help in the photo center and started the scan down with the boys and picked out the ones they wanted. Then I punched in the pictures and walla the bill came to over $500. That can't be right for a hand full of pictures so we started over and then got some more help. It was only three pictures. How could it be over $500?


The gentleman who helped us was very patient and I told him our story about Kristy's GBM and her untimely death and what I was doing with these pictures for the grands. He was touched and offered his condolences. He didn't charge us for Alex's picture of Nana. I think he was a little overcome with her story.

Look what the boys picked. They both wanted the picture of Nana, me, and themselves at the Jacksonville zoo. Nic also wanted a picture of his Nana at her piano. 

That is not a halo over Kristy's head. It is a one of her lamps sitting on the piano. Kinda looks like a halo, doesn't it. I guess in heaven she has a halo, maybe wings? She was the best wife, but I don't remember seeing a halo or wings.

Wasn't the lady photogenic? Using that word, "wasn't", is really tough to use. It should be "is" not "was". I guess in heaven it is still "is". I am having a hard time with the tense of verbs writing and talking about my lady.

My, what a classy lady.

The last picture is one of my favorites that I just wanted to post. Wow, is that a pretty picture of a pretty lady or what!

Thank you for listening to our story. It is one that keeps pushing out of my fingers and is compelling me to share. I have a vision stirring in my heart to speak to men's groups and ladies' gatherings about our story and what we have faced. I plan on doing more speaking engagements next year to help husbands and wives. That was part of "our" dream. I will fulfill it with God's help.


5 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Milton, not only is Kristy photogenic but she was gorgeous in person, too. And definitely a charming, classy lady. She could make a fun time out of the simplest event.

The grands are precious, holding their Nana's pictures. As young as they are, I believe they'll remember Kristy always.

You're all in my prayers.

Nancy

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Yes, looked like a halo! Thanks for sharing so many memories and photos with us. Still praying.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

Yes, yes, yes - when the time is right, go teach, go write, go do whatever God is leading you to do. He has given you a resevoir that is overflowing, even now during the dark night. And I believe that if we outflow, what he inflows, he will inflow more to outflow. I'm so glad you're getting time to spend with your precious daughters and their families. Blessings.

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for continuing your journey; she was so beautiful.

Teresa

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

I love the picture of her and the grands with the elephant, but all are gorgeous pictures, just as she was a gorgeous lady.
Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home