Monday, September 22, 2008

TEMPTED AGAIN WITH TWINKIE FOOD

Milton, here for Kristy:

The question is would Kristy serve Twinkies?

She was a wonderful cook and wrote many published articles about food and serving lovely meals from Kristy's kitchen. She knew how to make guests feel special, welcome, and right at home. Her meals were delicious and she cooked to please me.

So, would Kristy serve Twinkies?

The answer is yes, but not at 2 AM.

Kristy loved some junk food like too many Americans. Her father would buy chocolate stuff for her and our kids and then our grandkids. That made Dad Roberts a favorite with Twinkie people. Her mother, Grace, made the best banana pudding you could ever imagine. But, Mom Roberts allowed a few Twinkies too.

At the end of church today, one of the couples brought me some comfort food and a T-shirt that has a unique and very truthful message. Don and Linda gave a very nice card and a small bucket with fresh Twinkies. That was special.

Don't worry. I won't eat any Twinkies at 2 AM. They are already gone! Ha!

Don has been recovering for months, in fact well over a year, from a car accident. I visited him many times in the hospital and watched him battle through tough questions of whether he would walk again. He is still in a wheelchair, but his spirit has sustained him. He has been a quiet inspiration to me.

I had mentioned in my first service back two weeks ago that the bottom of my bucket had been shot out and I needed to get it fixed. Well, now I have a whole new bucket so I guess it is up to me to let God fill it up.

God is renewing my body, my mind, and most of all my soul. I am waiting on God and good things happen when we listen to His voice and sit at His feet. These last weeks and months I have learned more about God's grace that I never have known. God has come to me when I needed His strength. I know my redeemer lives. He lives within me. His is with me. He will not fail me.

A little comfort food helps too!

4 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the T-shirt, Milton! Oh, to have a pastor who understands sugar cravings in the wee hours. LOL You definitely ought to be the Twinkie spokesman. I'm sure Kristy is having a good laugh over this, too.

Have a BLESSED day, filled with your favorite things...yes, Twinkies included.: )

Nancy

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Love the T-shirt Milton. I just got back from the ACFW conference and can truly say that Kristy was deeply missed. Her name came up so often I lost count... and yours did too!

I read where you said you wanted to come to conference this year and hope to come next year. So come west to Denver. You are welcome any time!

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will make it step by step by step. Others have. They've felt as you do now.

Most of all, you will make it because you are not walking under your own strength. God gave Kristy a chair of strength. He will give you walking shoes to complete the journey he is asking of you.

Imagine the Destination, where tears and struggle will be a thing of the past--forgotten forever. Imagine the reunion with your beloved someday! Imagine how it will feel to step into Heaven and know that you ran the race well. Yes, it is uphill and yes, there are rocks littering the path. But God goes ahead. He clears the way and says, "Follow me. You're safe in my footsteps."

I praise him for each step you are about to take, and pray a fresh anointing will greet you each and every day, Milton. Stay true. Walk tall. Let Him carry your load.

Kristy would be so proud of you. In fact, who knows...perhaps she knows the steps you are taking, and is cheering you on just as you cheered her into heaven at the completion of her race.

God bless you, friend.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

My cousins recently visited for a week, during Hurricane Gustav.

They told of a dessert that made me shudder with a sugar high just hearing about it: Krispy Kreme doughnuts swimming in condensed milk, and I don't know what else.

I may have swooned at that point in the conversation. I love sweets, but that's a bit much, don't you think? Or don't you? LOL

Say "Happy Birthday, Margo."

God bless,
Margo, who enjoyed chocolate birthday cake with a coconut rainbow on top. Sweet enough!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home