Sunday, October 12, 2008

MEET MR. GREEN...

Milton, here for Kristy:

Kristy would want me to have a buddy. Now I have one. I have had a number of people suggest that I get a dog or cat to keep me company, but I have never have been a pet kind of guy. I do have a nice back yard with a dog house.  

I would not have dreamed of such a nice little guy in this lonely time. He likes watching football with me and sits quietly as I type. He doesn't make any noise, and doesn't eat. But if I find a deposit in that seat he is resting on, he is out of here!

I found out the name of my little buddy. His name is Mr. Green. I know what he does but I am still working on the prophetic message Mr. Green has for me. My sis sent him and couldn't remember right off what he does, but I just wonder what kind of message Mr. Green has for me?

Well, the questions continue and you can win a $15 gift card from Amazon.com  by winning the contest started yesterday. Look at yesterday's post to catch up on all the rules. Maybe you have a word of insight on Mr. Green, and  maybe you will win the $15 gift card. 

So here are the questions:
What does it mean prophetically?
Is there a message here somewhere for me?
What is the message?
How can I use this for an illustration?
Does God take things like this and work good from it?
Why would you buy this for your brother?
What made her think I might need this?
Why would a grown man with reasonable mental stability spend time on this?

There are some great posts from yesterday, but maybe today someone will have just the 
"word" Mr. Green has for me.

Whatever happens, at least I have a little friend here. I guess if Tom Hanks could talk to a volleyball in the movie Castaway then I can talk to Mr. Green. This house is quiet, but Mr. Green is sitting next to me while I type.

9 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

ha ha! Aunt Norma is crazy!!!

It's a butt station. Tape goes on the roll. Behind the green guy goes square post it notes. A pen goes in it's mouth, extra pins go behind the toliet and the best part... under the butt in the toliet goes paper clips!

It's gonna look great beside your Easy button.

Prophetic message:
Don't be a butt!
Get up and keep on writing!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Kathy Collard Miller said...

It's an eye glass holder. If someone already said this, sorry, but I couldnt' read all the posts.

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is an advertisement for a plumbing company. The green man is riding round town to promote business. Why did sis buy it?

So that you could reach out to us, and we in turn tell you that you are never alone.

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't Tom Hanks talk to a volleyball not a coconut?

Beth

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Tracy Ruckman said...

Of course, Mr. Green has a purpose. It's one my daddy said was the purpose of several things when I was growing up.

Mr. Green's purpose is to make you ask questions.

:-)

Blessings and prayers.
Tracy

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Belfort said...

Hi - I work w/Pam Hayes and my sister-in-law Sheila goes to your church. Both Pam and Sheila had told me about you and Kristy. I also had a great love in my life that I lost in May of this year. I just wanted to tell you that I am praying for you and your family. Jeff died suddenly and unexpectedly and I did really well b/c of my faith but one night I really struggled - the next day a book I had ordered came in called "The Red Sea Rules". It is a tiny little book but it is powerful. Of course what brought me comfort might night be what the Lord will send to comfort you (maybe it is a little green guy) but if you are interested in the book I will give it to Sheila to bring to you.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Sara Fleming said...

Hi Milton,

I know this might sound crazy, but I do think there may be a message for you in there somewhere. I think it may be related to Kristy, and moving on after her death. I think that the Lord still has HUGE plans for you, and wants for you to complete the good work He started in Kristy's life. I believe that you could use this as an illustration, along with the passage in Luke in which Jesus tells Peter to get out of the boat to walk on water. Yet Peter did not want to go! When the Lord calls us, as He has called you, He wants us to GO!!! That was the Great Commission as well. However, Mr. Green isn't "going" the right way...he needs to GET UP and go!

This may be a little far fetched, but I think that Kristy, subtly through your sister, is whispering in your ear "Go, Milton. Keep going. Get up and go!"

God bless you!
~Sara

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth: You are right about the volleyball. It wasn't a cocoanut. Thanks for the correction. I will change that on the post.

To everyone who posted:

These are funny, encouraging, and helpful posts.

Thanks,

Milton

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth: You are right about the volleyball. It wasn't a cocoanut. Thanks for the correction. I will change that on the post.

To everyone who posted:

These are funny, encouraging, and helpful posts.

Thanks,

Milton

 

Post a Comment

<< Home