Tuesday, October 14, 2008

AND THE WINNER OF THE MR. GREEN CONTEST IS....

Milton, here for Kristy:

Kristy loved to tell funny stories--the lady was a hoot! She obviously would like all this attention on Mr. Green.

I found out why Mr. Green is green. Look at his bottom in the second picture below. There are paper clips down there. The poor little guy needs prayer. His plumbing is all stopped up! HA! 

The paper clips fit in the toilet and are pulled out by the magnet on his bottom ...... ouch! This butt station, as it is called, was given to me as a birthday gift by sis attempting to give me a laugh. Boy, did we all get a laugh on this one.

What do I think the butt station and Mr. Green have to say to me prophetically? Well, it could have several meanings, and I think just about every comment and answer given has something to speak to me. So I will receive each answer and the joy, and love and truth sent by each one.

And the winner is:

Drum roll please!

The winner is  Jerry Kessie and here is why. Kristy loved the BC story Jerry shared and told it a lot especially the first few years of our marriage,  except she told it as the WC--Water Closet misunderstood as a Wayside Chapel.

I remember the first time I heard the funny about the WC when Kristy told it at a couples' house not long after we were married. We all died laughing. All along I would get her to tell it, but it has been years since I heard it. She shared it all from memory and didn't miss a beat telling it. I think when I heard her tell that story the first time was when it dawned on me this gal was going to be a lot of fun in life. 

Also, I love relevant Scripture so Jerry touched me with her deep knowledge of the Word. What was that Deuteronomy Scripture she quoted? Isn't all Scripture relevant?

Jerry, please email me your address at Milton646@aol.com so I can forward you the grand prize of $15  from Amazon.com. Congratulations on submitting the best entry in this contest according to Da Judge.

Happy Birthday Gayle and Dayle. I bet you gals are lots of fun too!

Mom, you are always right.

Sandra B., your post wins honorable mention for the best prophetic message and illustration.

All of the comments were good and deserve a gift so I give you the gift of blessing: 

I bless all of you that your day and life will abound with the grace and kindness of our Lord, dear and special close friends, and new relationships of strangers far and wide. 

Now, that is a great gift!

I am learning so much during this grieving and adjusting time. Loneliness is a tough hard trial. Mr. Green is sitting on the counter behind me looking over my shoulder, but he hasn't said a word. I do all the talking between us. He helps make late night sleeplessness easier and peanut butter sandwiches not so hard to eat all by myself.

Jesus is my best friend. He walks with me. He talks with me. He tell me that I am not alone. Maybe Jesus sent Mr. Green through sis to keep me comfort. Who knows?

***

Tuesday night I will host my second dinner engagement as a single guy at my house. I have invited two neighbor couples. The house is clean. The yard looks great. I have my shopping list. The guest are invited. There will be more gourmet cooking at my house Tuesday night! 

Well, maybe not gourmet food, but food nevertheless. What am I serving? 

6 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Gayle said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Milton. Looks like Mr. Green is definitely filling a void in your life. :-)

Good luck with the dinner tonight. Practice makes perfect, you know.

Blessings!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

Yes, thanks for the birthday greetings, and congrats to the winner. Hope all goes well with the dinner tonight.

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you are cooking something on the grill...!

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,

I am glad that my story brought back fond memories of Kristy! I don't believe I ever had the opportunity to meet her, so finding a story that seemed to sync with her humor, and the way she viewed life was obviously of God! However, we have met while you were with the District and I was on the Board at New Life Assembly in Clearwater. I worked with you while the church became a dependent, home missions church. You were very helpful, and I appreciated the guidance you gave to me and the church through that process!

Of course, we are under the expert tutelage of Tim & Janet at Suncoast, and I am amazed at how God has woven your family through our lives the past 13 years or so.

Again, thanks for the gift. It was not expected, based on the great responses you received!

Sincerely,

Jerry Kessie

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I buy one of these? He is so cute!
Fran Van Hoven

 
At 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To find how to buy your own Mr. Green just goggle butt station.

Have fun!

Milton

 

Post a Comment

<< Home