Wednesday, October 29, 2008

SMALL SNOW FLURRIES IN BLOWING ROCK

Milton, here for Kristy:


It is cooooold in Boone today. I had the coldest shower this morning in my life. The hot water heater wasn't working and I screamed and yelled. Did you hear me? I am telling you it was coooooooooold! The house where we are staying is so lovely and furnished beautiful, but the temperature outside was 29. The water in that shower wasn't much higher.




There was brief snow with almost no accumulation on the ground. We drove the Blue Ridge Parkway and the snow clouds covered many views, but the leaves were still spectacular. There were yellows, reds, orange and golden colors all glowing in the sun.



At lunch we stopped at a restaurant with the most gorgeous view. Sitting inside and watching a few snow flakes with swans in the lake and all the golden colors all around made it special. Last year Norma, Ron, Kristy and I sat at the same table. We didn't know what was just ahead for Kristy and the change ahead for me and for all our family. The view from that window was all pretty and pristine. Just two weeks later my life would be forever different.







Terry and I treated Sandra better by letting her shop somewhere other than Lowe's or the Purina Food Store. She had been walking up the streets in cooooooold weather. I think she needs someone one to inspire her on in the snow as she didn't shop as long as she normally would have shopped.


We were planning on staying one more night in Boone, but with the cold weather and snow I think we're driving back in to Columbia tonight.

Enjoy the pics. It is stunningly beautiful in the mountains in spite of the cooooooold.



7 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger B. J. Brooks said...

Beautiful pictures Milton. Thanks for sharing. We were up in that area last year in November. We went to Biltmore house during our stay in the Carolinas. The leaves were incredible along the parkway.

I've been in Colorado during the fall months when you had only one color: yellow, every where. The Aspen are very beautiful but the east coast with the red hues, tops the list in my book.

We are enjoying the cooler weather here while you are in the mountains. It was 43 this morning in Jacksonville..... almost a brrrrrr here too.

Many Blessings
B.J. Brooks
(Robinson)

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful pictures.

As a matter of fact, Milton, I live in Clearwater (FL) and when you were taking your cold shower, I thought I heard screaming but could not find the source.

So it was you.

Lisa and I pray for you daily. You are always in our thoughts.

Lisa's mom

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Milton, thank you so much for sharing these lovely pictures and precious memories! I have always adored the Blue Ridge!

Kim

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, Thanks for sharing. I love the beautiful leaves, but give me Sunny Florida any day! :) Praying for you.

Trk N 4 JC

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, The coooold shower reminded me of the showers at Oak Mountain State Park where we attended Youth Camps. What good times we had in those hills. Still walking with you in prayers.

Gary Finch

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

What a beautiful spot! I love the Blue Ridge Pkwy. But I didn't realize it would snow this early in the Fall!

Glad you had a wonderful time.

Kristy's redheaded writer pal,
Ane

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Beautiful pictures. I love the mountains and the water. You said Kristy sat at the same table and looked at the same view a year ago, not knowing what was ahead for her. You've got to know that she had that beautiful view and one of her last trips to enjoy. It is good that she got to experience such beautiful views and family trips during her life. I'm sure though she didn't know what was in store at the time, she'd wanted to have that trip and that view. Enjoy those bittersweet memories and feel good that God allowed you to have that quality time together. I think back to the quality time God allowed for my younger sister and I to share before I lost her, and I thank Him so much for those times and moments we shared together.
Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home