Tuesday, June 24, 2008

THE HIGH FLYING TRAPEZE

Milton, here for Kristy:

Monday afternoon Kristy was ready to get out of bed. She hasn't been up for over two weeks so this was certainly amazing. I have physically picked her up out of bed in the past when she had been able.

Now we have a hydraulic lift, and I brought it into the room to use. She hadn't seen it before and when she saw it saw she said, "Oh, we have a flying trapeze!" We all fell over laughing and she laughed too.

When we got her in it, she sang and laughed and thought is was the grandest thing. This lady is some kind of good sport. She has always had a way to make everything lively.

Guess what we watched together on TV? Not football, not baseball, not ESPN.

Let's hear it for HG TV. She loved it and said over and over, "It's so good to be with our family."

Now listen up folks.

Believe me.

It's the little things that count in life.

I just looked up behind Kristy's computer screen where I'm typing this post and I'm reading a quote she has tacked up on her board. It reads, "A great story is life with all the dull parts taken out."--Alfred Hitchcock.

Boy, Kristy excels at taking all the dull parts out of our lives. Everything including flying on a trapeze has pizazz and flair.
***
This morning was especially hard for Alex. He is the oldest and is more aware of what is happening with his Nana. He always goes into see Kristy each morning before he lives and kisses and kisses on her face.

Today he and Nic are going back to Tampa. He came out of the room weeping over leaving his Nana saying he won't get to see her again.
We comforted him and prayed with him.

Please pray for God's love to reach out to Alex and all the kiddies and family today.

9 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

Well, in the picture, Milton, you sort of look like "The Man on the Flying Trapeze"! Now, I'll probably have "last song syndrome" and hear that in my mind all day! LOL

Looks like you two will have a lovely day.

Praying blessings and health on both of you.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

She's flying high, laughing at the circus in her flying trapeze. She's awesome. A lot of people would moan, groan, or complain, but not Kristy. I hope Alex gets to see her again.
Barb

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

So glad to hear Kristy was able to get out of bed and enjoy some TV time with you and the family. Yes, the simple things in life can be so special. I'll be praying for Alex and all the kids.

Love makes all the difference!

Blessings from,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger One Mother with Cancer said...

Your post made me cry... Children are so sensitive to these things. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

I love HGTV too! Kristy and I have great taste LOL.

How wonderful she wanted to sit up and join the family in the other room. Her spirits were lifted in more ways than one :-).

I'm praying for God's blessing on Alex and all the grands as they live through this trial with everyone.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

My son was 8 when his grandad passed away. He hadn't been allowed in to see grandad during the last couple of months. After dad died, he awoke in the night crying because he didn't get to say good-bye.

I'm so glad your grands are getting to see their Nana now, no matter how hard it is to see her like this. They'll be comforted later, knowing they kissed on her and loved on her.

As always I'm praying, and for the kiddies, too.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

I could just cry for Alex. I can't imagine what my grans would go through if it were me, and I'm just Kristy's age.
Trapeze - Obviously Kristy trusts you completely, letting you lift and move her in that gadget.
Continuing to pray for you and all the family. HEALING.
Blessings,

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Debby Mayne said...

Kristy is such a beautiful woman, and we all love her so much! Her spirit is keeping everyone smiling through the tears. The Lord has blessed all of us by bringing her into our lives. Please tell her I'm praying for all of you.

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't thank you enough for your continued love and prayers. We can feel your intercessions and we need it so much.

All of your comments are so encouraging. So many of you have expressed how much you appreciate me writing, but it also connects us with you.

Multiplied thousands upon thousands have visited her blog. It is amazing what God is doing.

May God bless you all.

Milton

 

Post a Comment

<< Home