Thursday, June 26, 2008

COMPLIMENTS ARE GOOD...

Milton, here for Kristy:

Jennifer came into our bedroom Wednesday morning and Kristy looked up and said, "Oh, my beautiful daughter is here."

It thrilled Jennifer that Kristy would recognized her as we had just talked the night before and Jennifer thought Kristy was forgetting who she was. That is part of the severe struggle of brain cancer, but praise God, the Lord is helping Kristy and her mind is staying relatively clear.

(This picture is from when Kristy was in the Hospice Center a few weeks back.)

Wednesday morning after the nurse had gotten her ready, I was sitting on our bed next to her hospital bed and told her how pretty she looked. I said, "She has the most beautiful face and skin. Her color is gorgeous.

The nurse agreed and commented that she didn't have any wrinkles.

Kristy smiled and said, "Thank you."

I said, "I have taken good care of her all these years."

Kristy said, "You have taken the best care of me."

Later, Jennifer and I were sitting there talking and I noticed Kristy was quiet and in deep thought so I asked, "What are you thinking?"

She said, "I'm thinking about my beautiful daughters."

Jennifer brightened up.

"Well, what about your handsome (and humble) husband," I asked?

"I have gotten there yet," she responded.

We all laughed and she grinned.

You can only imagine how much these moments feel. They are beyond special.

We haven't given up and we continue to trust in Jesus for Kristy's healing. She is eating better and has been able to enjoy being with us in our family room. Today I told her I was going to go get a couple of Krystal burgers for her. She smiled big as she enjoyed. She and her brother Terry especially like Krystals. Getting them when they were young was a special treat. They still are a treat around here sometimes.

God is good all the time. All the time, God is good.

7 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

Still trusting with you.

And I love Krystals, too.

God bless~

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying and trusting God for Kristy's healing.

We, too, love Krystals,Yum, Yum.

Our daughter married a guy from the North. When he came into our family, he was sure that White Castle and Donkn' Donuts were the best. Now that they live in sunny FL., he knows the truth...nothings better than Krystal HB's and Kripy Creme Donuts...of course, there's also Jim Bo's BBQ in Lakeland, FL!!! Yum, Yum, Let's eat.

Love & Prayers,
Trk N 4 JC

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said...

It was so wonderful to read your post this morning. We are thankful for this "up" time for Kristy. As we daily read and pray, we are so thankful for your sharing these days in your lives.
The pictures and videos are special blessings.

My husband, Mike, is a faithful HAPPY GOODMAN fan--always has been:) They sang a song that is very fitting for all our lives: "I Wouldn't Take 'Nothing for My Journey Now." You probably remember it, Bro. Dykes. How true, and how comforting, with Jesus as the author of our race, there is nothing that we would exchange for our journey in life leading to our heavenly home!

We love you and continue to pray for all your family,

Mike, Lisa, and MaryLisa

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

You guys can have the Krystals. LOL My son loves them. My husband loves them. I'll take an In N Out Burger any day. :D

Kristy continues to amaze me. God is indeed good. :)

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

I have to take sides with Ane on In N Out, especially since we've away from CA and have found nothing in TN to take their place.

It is so wonderful that Kristy is able to sustain her sense of humor, even during these challenging times. Your family continues to be an inspiration and blessing. And like you, I'm continuing to pray for total healing from that evil cancer.

God Bless,

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,
Just wanted Ya'll to know that we are still praying. We think of you every wakeing hour.

BTW, what is an in N out Burger?? Of course, many people reading are probably saying "What does Ya'll mean?"

Anyway, you all (Ya'll) are still on my heart. I pray that God will give you the strength needed, and as always I pray for complete healing for Kristy here on Earth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home