Friday, September 26, 2008

HOW OLD IS ELVIS?

Milton, here for Kristy:

There aren't many good reasons to die young. I can't think of any right now. Sadly, it happens.

Kristy was too young to die and we certainly had many unfinished dreams of the heart we had listed to do. God has helped me with the loss of Kristy not being able to fulfill some of our 
dreams when He spoke into my spirit that there wasn't any dream higher than what could be enjoyed in heaven. 

Yet, her loss still impacts every part of my being. Last night as I finished some work on the computer I looked long and hard at one of her pictures. This lady worked at being photogenic. She always grabbed the digital camera and immediately removed any unflattering photos. She smiled when a camera was pointed her way even to the last moments of her life. She said that her mother trained her to always smile when a camera was taking your picture. Believe me, she obeyed her mother on that one.

As I looked at that picture, I saw that gleam of the eye, that glowing red mane, that smile and delicious skin, that sparkle that said I am a classy, fun lady. I could see deep into her spirit and admire her heart to help, her ready hands to serve, her quickness to the right, and her passion to please God. Kristy had an inner beauty that rivaled her outer glory.

Kristy had few wrinkles and her skin was very fair. She worked at both of those two issues too. She stayed out of the sun and used creams on her face every night. I can smell those creams even now. 

She was much younger looking than most at her age. Now her image is frozen in time. She will not ever look any older in my mind than she did when she passed. That is the obvious. I am sure she is quite tickled knowing that as we get older we are all going to look older.

How old does Elvis look to you?

What about Marlyn Monroe? How old was she when she died?

James Dean? 

John Kennedy?

Princess Diana? 

Grace Kelly?

They  all died young, leaving images that will never grow older. Their photos will never show grey hair or show dark rings around the eyes.

So Kristy won't have to worry about the wrinkles anymore. I am confident she will get a laugh as we all get older and deal with aches and pains and all the stuff that the aged face.

Believe me, I would take every wrinkle and skin mark she might would have gained to have that gal come back. She can't come back, though. She is in that group that will be remembered as young and will never have an aged image to be remembered.

Kristy will be remembered as spunky, gifted gal with one beautiful smile and a heart of love towards all.

How old is Elvis? If he had lived, he would be 73 in a few months.

How old is Kristy?

Hey, I'm smarter than that. Do you really think I would tell her age? I am going to see the lady again. 

I'll take the top picture. How about you?

3 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodmorning Milton...
I had finished talking w/ Steve...
he's flying home from Alabama today...he is at the Memphis Airport...{We prayed for his safe travel this morning @ 6:45am..5:45am in Alabama.}...I told him...
call me when you land in Charlotte.
He said, "I will."

Then...I read your wonderful blog!
When I saw Kristy's picture...
JOY...filled my heart...tears filled my eyes...
...I felt...I think...a portion of your pain!
BUT...then the tears stopped! Why?...I thought.
All at once I knew why...
You were looking into those glowing eyes of Kristy in that picture...and she was very dear
and close to you at that moment.

I've always believed that pictures were extremely important!
But your journey
...reminds me every day that they are
"Precious Memories...
Priceless Treasures".

Thanks!
You are helping us every day.
Your grief...is teaching all of us the importance of today with those we love...
and...
you are teaching us...
how to live when the ultimate price is paid...
the death of our spouse...
life goes on...and so does the...
"Beautiful Memories...
Priceless Pictures
...and...Treasures!"

God Bless You...Milton...
Your love for Kristy...
makes our love stronger...
and blessed!
Thanks for honesty...
transparency...
genuine passion for Kristy...

(...so you could smell her face cream..huh?...we wives need to know that! Now we won't take it for granted...really!)

Keep Kristy's picture (on the blog today) near to you...
...reach out to those beautiful eyes of JOYFUL...PIZZAZZ!
...and focus on her beautiful enthusiasm and high energy!

This Photo is Priceless!

Have a blessed day!
Darlene Allen
West Columbia, SC

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

What a beautiful pic of Kristy, however we know that she is even more beautiful now. It is not God's plan for us to leave the earth before our fullness of days and of course disease is not part of God's plan either, but He uses it. I'm not going to pretend that I'll understand it this side of heaven, but I'm trusting that God has a bigger plan for us and an eternity with him that will make everything we've known here pale by comparison.
Blessings to you and your family today and a special God hug to you all.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Kristy does have a gleam in her eye and an outer glow, so her inner glow had to equal or outshine her outer glow. She's a beautiful lady and always will be in every way.
Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home