Monday, September 29, 2008

I UNDERSTAND

Milton, here for Kristy:

Sunday afternoon I held the hand of a dear church member as his other hand gave his beloved wife, Nancy, to Jesus. They would have been married 60 years this year, but rather unexpectedly and quickly Nancy moved from this life to eternal life. I comforted Carl, her husband, and the children as they dwelt with the loss of their dear, precious wife and mother.

I knew how Carl felt,  and though I have held the hands of many church members as they told their loved ones good bye, this was the first time I think I really and truly understood what spouses feel when their mate dies.

Nancy and Kristy are helping get heaven all ready for the rest of us.

Carl and Nancy for years sat in front of Kristy's parents in church where I now pastor. Now Grace, Udell, Kristy, and Nancy are in heaven. They are cheering their families who remain on to greater victories.

***

I had planned on writing about Sex and the Saints, but it just didn't feel right to start that article just now. I will start tomorrow.

Get ready for some fireworks and fun.

***

Happy Birthday Max!

12 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Milton. I love you, Max

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Rachel Overton said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! God bless you in an extra-special way today.

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Milton and Max. Two fine, wonderful Sons. Your Dad and Mom are very proud of you. Many happy returns of the day.

We love you both, dearly.

Dad and Mom Dykes

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Ann Closs said...

happy birthday, milton!
we love you and continue to pray for you daily.
love,
howard, ann and adam

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

You are 59-I am not-neither is Max, Janet or Tricia...just you our
older brother!!

Love you,

Norma

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Milton.

We think of your family always, and pray for you daily.

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Milton, Happy Birthday to you...
Hope that you receive a special blessing from God today!

Sharon

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that prayer for a special blessing today!

Happy Birthday!

kate and Ed

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

Happy Birthday Milton - I'm sure it has been bittersweet without your precious Kristy, but I pray that you were blessed indeed.
With prayer and blessing

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Milton....

Thankful we didn't miss it!...
almost @ 10:55 PM...tho!

from
Steve and Darlene Allen
South Carolina

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gettin' late here in Tennessee! Just getting around to checking things out.

I had remembered this was your birthday, Milton. Soooooo, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope it was very special for you today. Everybody, everywhere loves you and we are all praying for wonderful things in your future! And, 59.....you've just begun, dear Milton! LOL!

Cathy

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Happy B-Day! You will be a true blessing in helping others release their loved ones to heaven, since you have true understanding now.

Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home