Thursday, October 30, 2008

CAN PUMPKINS SHINE HIS LOVE?

Milton, here for Kristy:

I got back into Jacksonville Wednesday afternoon and ran by the church to check on final plans for our Harvest Festival for the kiddies. We have it on a Wednesday evening just before Halloween to give the kids an alternative fun event. 

My drive back to Jax from Boone, NC, and through Columbia, SC,  was uneventful in the sense that it was a safe trip. Thank God for safe trips. 

I talked to family and friends by cell and with an ear plug to make sure that I wasn't being distracted by talking on the cell. I found myself thanking God over and over for Kristy and the wonderful life we shared together. 

She blessed me in so many ways. I miss her, but I find a sense of comfort knowing that she is well and that she blessed me to go forward with my life. She was a godly and good lady who loved me so very dearly. She loved me enough to push me even before her death to the new life that is yet before me. I know she is pleased with me. I feel it in my spirit and heart. I know she is for me and wants to see me do well. That was her deepest nature and heart.

At church Wednesday night the kiddies played bean bag toss and water balloon toss, and needle in the hay stack and bowling and many other games and ate hot dogs and candy and candy and candy and candy. Can someone pass the Pepto Bismol please? I think I need some--real bad.

I especially liked the pumpkin carving. Each year we share a pumpkin carving that illustrates to the kids how that Christ takes all the junk out of our lives
 and removes the rough edges of life and puts His light and love into our hearts if we let Him. Then we turn the lights off and there is Christ shining out through the pumpkin and shining His love out to bring light in the darkness. I enjoyed sharing that with the kiddies this year.


Doesn't the pumpkin look great. Christ in us is a light  even far, far, better. I want His light to shine out through me. What about you?



6 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A/G pastor in Plant City, Florida lost his 60 yr. old wife to cancer last Saturday. Their journey began in March of this year. When I heard this news, I immediately thought of you and what a blessing you and Kristy have been to others. Please hold this family up in your prayers.

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have known this pastor and his precious wife for many years. My prayers are with Pastor Billy Cotton and his family. Cherie won too. The host of heaven is getting larger and waiting for our reuniting with them.

Milton

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Love the Jesus carving!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

The pumpkin is beautiful and I love how you use it to tell the kids about Jesus.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

I wanna to be able to carve a pumpkin like that!! WOW!!

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Just wanted you to know that I still check in here almost daily, 'tho don't comment often.

What a Great Pumpkin! haha-get it?! ;-)

Kate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home