Saturday, November 01, 2008

SHE INSPIRES ME....

Milton, here for Kristy:

Jennifer wrote the following words as a comment on the last post I made. Her words really touched me and possibly many of you read her words already, but I felt they merited being included as a post. 

At the end of Jennifer' thoughts, she concluded, "She inspires me..." 

For sure, Kristy inspired everyone she came into contact. Her faith, spunk, passion, determination, excellence, and giftedness all reached out to us. She touched me in so may ways.

I know Kristy's intent is for me to go forward in life and honor her by living an overcoming life. 

Here are Jennifer's words:

"Yes she does want you to go forward. She spoke in depth about you to me, wanting you to go on with life after her.

My heart breaks that you return home alone each night.

It wasn't supposed to be this way, so we always thought.

With Halloween coming, I've been in tears for days. Remembering all the costumes she sewed for me, all the neat touches she put into them. I remember trick or treating with her, the
Bartow Halloween carnival we'd go too. I remember when at that carnival I saw a green wig that I wanted SO bad. I begged and begged and she bought it for me.

She was a wonderful, mother. I'm not just saying that because she's gone, it's really true. She went above and beyond for her family. She put us all first above herself.

I miss her SO much. The only comfort I find today is trying to be like the mother she was...

I woke up early to braid Claudia's hair like Bell's from Beauty and the Beast, she has a Halloween party at school. Later at an another party today she's going to be
Arial, the little Mermaid. She can't decided between all her costumes (that I didn't sew!) so I told her we could take as many as she wants and we'll do costumes changes throughout the party!

While my heart breaks everyday at her loss, I thank God she was my mother! I got to have HER as my mother! There are so many children who don't have a mother, and I got to have her. She made my childhood warm and bright. She inspires me to be a better mother."



***
Jennifer, you are a great mother and gifted young lady. Your Mom and I are extremely proud of all you are doing and especially what you are doing to raise your little  ones in the knowledge of God.

Jennifer, you also inspire me. 

3 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

That's wonderful to read. So glad you all had each other for so long. Still praying for all of you.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Kate said...

In the Liturgical Church Year today is All Saints Day; a kind of Christian Memorial Day. God bless you and your family as you continue to adjust to life without Kristy

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Yes, Jennifer, you were fortunate that God gifted you with such a wonderful mother, and I'm so glad you appreciated her. You are right that so many kids do not have that type of mother in their lives. I loved and lost my mother, too. I thank God for the time I had her. I know she watches me yet. Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home