Monday, December 08, 2008

I AM NOT A HYPOCHONDRIAC....

Milton, here for Kristy:

Sunday evening was our annual Christmas Dinner at the church I pastor, Southside Assembly of God here in Jacksonville. It is always such fun with music, jokes, singing, skits, fellowship, laughs, the Christmas story, and a delicious dinner. 

I had already attended several Christmas activities this past week and the hurt in my heart was almost unbearable--having to go alone. Kristy always had such fun at these kinds of gatherings, and now it is just me. 

It really hurt earlier in the week, but tonight it was not so painful. Friday evening and Saturday and again on Sunday, I felt comforted and felt OK. God has sent me help and I am moving through this grief process. I will always love Kristy and our memories will always be sweet. God is faithful to help us through the tough, terrible storms of life.

The program Sunday evening included a skit that I have shared in this post. I am playing a hypochondriac who is waiting in a doctors office. Watch the progression of patients and their illnesses that come into the waiting room. Note the lady at the end. I wasn't about to catch her malady. I ran...

Double click on the word share to watch it on U-tube. 

miltonedykes.jpg

5 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was an absolute hoot! Great way to start the work week with a laugh!

Patty Smith Hall

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Kim said...

How funny!! Laughter is the BEST medicine!

Kim

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,

I pray for God's strength and grace to be with you during this Christmas season and everyday. I know you miss Kristy so much. May God's peace and presence and love fill the emptiness you feel.

We love you,

Randal, Barbara & Lauren Ray

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, that skit was so hilarious, I had to watch it more than once. Bravo.

He is with you every step of this difficult journey without Kristy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home