Monday, December 01, 2008

ONE REALLY BAD THANKSGIVING MOMENT

Milton, here for Kristy:

This will be brief. 

Thanksgiving went really well until Friday night. I know that Thanksgiving is Thursday, but it was still Thanksgiving weekend.

I tip toed into the bedroom late Friday night around 11:15 PM at Tricia and Rick's, my sister and brother-in-law, after leaving Mom and Dad's house. Everyone was in bed. No one was up so quietly I entered the house locking the doors behind me.

More quietly I slipped into the bedroom where Tricia had told me earlier that I would sleep. I pulled the spread back and there it was.....ugly, ugly, ugly, and more ugly.

She had Florida Gator pillow cases for me to lay my head. Can you believe it? Ugly, ugly, ugly Florida Gator pillow cases. 

Out of respect, I didn't wake anyone up, but I certainly thought about it. Somehow I made myself lay down and rested my head and slept....though not very good.

My head still hurts. Bad, Bad, Bad....

Roll Tide! Yea Alabama! 

Boooooo gators. 

Saturday it will be for all the marbles in the SEC Football Championship Game. Bama against the Gators. Are you ready to rumble........?

Tricia really got me. I still have a headache from those ugly pillow cases.

8 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is amazing. Where did your parents go wrong? She had a good upbringing and for it to come to that. I suppose it could have been worse. She could have turned out to be an Auburn fan. Tricia should be ashamed of herself. Roll Tide.

Donn

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tricia here

Sorry for the BIG BAD!!! I really am an Alabama Fan, wear the Bama clothes, say Roll Tide, etc!!! But something jumped on me to pull a funny on my big brother. As I was changing the sheets on the bed, it just hit me that my older son (who was corrupted by his first grade teacher to be a Gator fan) had some gator sheets upstairs in his closet. I thought it would be funny, since the two teams are playing this weekend, to put them on Milton's bed as a practical joke. I am sure George Brantley in Gainesville is just loving this one!!! Sorry for the pain and suffering I have caused. How is this, ROLL TIDE ROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's like the Shunnamite woman's son. They knew there was a serious problem when he began to say my head, my head. I am sure you had to do the same. Rolllllllllllllllll, Tide, Rollllllllllll.

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cousin Beth here...

Yes, we are ready to rumble...Go Gators!! After I married Tony he claims that I signed a prenuptial to support the Gators. :)

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

I don't know how you will ever recover from something like that. LOL

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Robert Bartlett said...

Did you have nightmares? Roll Tide!! It would be so nice to shut out Florida.

Always praying for you,
Robert

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Rambling On said...

Too funny!

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm relieved. Tricia hasn't fallen into strong delusion. She has kept the faith. :) Roll Tide...........
Note to Milton: Next time take those pillow cases off. I would never put my head on a gator pillow case. :)

Donn C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home