Friday, December 05, 2008

ALONE AT HOME

Milton, here for Kristy:

I can't stand being alone. I never have and I never will like living by myself. It is even more difficult to bear during the Holiday Season as I gather with family, friends, church family, and minister related gatherings. Obviously Kristy went to everyone of them until last year. Now I go without anyone at my side.

Our denomination has a minister's Christmas banquet annually which we always attended. The last number of years when Kristy had a new book out she always took copies and gave them as a gift to all of the minister's wives  present. She gave several hundreds copies of her stories and books  away especially during the Holiday Season. 

This past Monday night as I dressed to go alone to this year's banquet, I recalled loading up boxes of books at past Christmas dinners and banquets that Kristy  took to give to preacher's wives. This year I just got into the car alone with tons of memories flooding my mind. 

Kristy loved preacher's wives and mentored untold numbers of them. She wrote articles for minister's wives for national pubs and modeled by her life how to fulfill the call as a minister's spouse. She modeled the role of a minister's spouse and did it well.

I cannot count how many younger as well as older minister's spouses have told me that Kristy was their mentor and how much she blessed them. She took extra time and care to show love and genuine concern to them. They loved her for it. 

Christmas will be different this year. Kristy is in heaven. I am here on earth....alone at home.

4 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry Dad. She was the center of our lives and it's going to take time until we feel somewhat normal again. We all are going to have learn to do things we've never done before. She was the organizer, the Christmas project planner. Remember how she'd look in the newspaper and clip out Christmas events for us to attend? Now it's up to us to keep going on...

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God give you peace at this time

Kevin & Tamatha Jones

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Kate said...

"Peace I leave with you; not as the world gives Peace, give I unto you."

--The Prince of Peace

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Home alone. So lonely. So sad. But remember, God is with you. The holidays are the toughest time of the year to get through when you're missing lost loved ones. I've shed tears over Mom and my youngest sister remembering the ghost of Christmases past. I love Christmas music, but so many songs remind me of them. Seeing certain shows on TV remind me of how they both loved the holiday season, and I find myself missing them even more and crying, though I know they're spending their Christmas in heaven with Jesus.

May God bless you,
Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home