Thursday, December 04, 2008

DESK TO DESK AND BACK TO BACK

Milton, here for Kristy:

Wednesday is a study day for me at home as I finish preparing for speaking in our Wednesday Night Prayer Service and prayerfully prepare for Sunday ministry. I sat in the office at my desk and kept feeling this presence behind me that I knew was not there. I often sat at that desk with Kristy behind me writing her stories and hearing her giggle or wipe a tear depending on where she was in writing one of her books. This Wednesday it was surreal over and over again.

I am not sure what I will do with this home as time progresses. There is comfort here and there are often deep memories that flood my mind with joy, wonder, blessing, and then sorrow and sadness too. It is bitter-sweet. Time will tell and God knows what I should do with this home. I do not plan on doing anything until well into next year if I do anything at all with it.

It was just very hard to focus on my studies this Wednesday. Eventually I had to move out of the office and go to another part of the house. Most of the time I use my Apple laptop at the kitchen table for my work, but there are some things that require me to go into our study. It seems that is where my work and her work collide. 

There is a future before me. Kristy lovingly spoke of it and prepared me for it. I am headed that way, but the transition grabs me over and over again with sweet, dear, memories of love, laughter, and life. We had a wonderful partnership, Kristy and me. I miss her so deeply, so very much.

Yet, God has sent me help. I am so very grateful. 

5 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ps 27 v 13, 14


Just me

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Dear Milton,

I think you are so wise to wait a while befor making any big decisions. Time and healing will give you greater clarity.

Kate.

 
At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has to be so hard but you will make it through this hard time.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Sending gentle hugs and many prayers! God is so faithful!

Kim

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Reading your posts bring tears to my eyes. Stay strong. God bless. I know exactly what you mean by bittersweet memories and reminders.
Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home