Saturday, November 29, 2008

SOME THINGS I WILL NEVER CHANGE

Milton, here for Kristy:

I have traveled these roads before but not alone. This week I drove down I-75 and back up I-75 and then back down I-75 and then back up I-75. I felt like a yo yo going south and north and south and north and then more north tomorrow.

Tuesday I drove down to Julie's and then Thursday over to Orlando and then back to Tampa and then up to Leesburg and then back to Tampa and Friday back up to Leesburg and tomorrow way back up to Jacksonville. Back and forth, up and down, down and up and then back up to home.

Wow, thank God the gas prices dropped down too. That is the kind of traveling I have done as we all do to get to see family. Busy people travel and I've been a busy little guy.

Now, the rode is traveled alone. The spot next to me is empty. The car is quiet. The meditations longer. The music louder. The phone beckons. Who to call to make some noise? Where do you go when you travel alone?

Kristy was a great travel partner. We kept suitcases close at hand and the train case full and ready to go. We both could be ready in moments to hit the trail. Now I pack alone. She got the clothes cleaned and all the needed travel items stocked. Now it is just me.

It is a transition time. A time of waiting, learning, watching, allowing God's help to arise. I still believe in God's faithfulness. He will perfect His plan for me. I will trust Him, and believe Him, and obey Him, and follow Him. That is what I have done all my life. I will not change now.

2 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

You may be traveling the road alone, but at least it's not the one not taken, or less traveled. Instead, it's the one most traveled by you with love and memories. There's an old saying, "It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all," and it's so true. You have your memories. What's truly sad is a person who doesn't know what real, true love is. Life will be lonely and feel empty at times due to your lost love, but continue to fill it with God and family, and He'll see you through, as you hold those dear memories in the warm embrace of your heart and mind.
God bless,
Barb

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ps 145 v 13

Ps 121 v 5 - 8


just me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home