Saturday, December 06, 2008

CHRISTMAS MUSIC IN SAN MARCO

Milton, here for Kristy:

I went to San Marco here in Jacksonville to hear Christmas music Friday evening. The merchants had a special Christmas in San Marco night with music, cookies and candies, and a 
holiday atmosphere. Southside Assembly, the church I now pastor, is in San Marco which is located just off the south bank of the St. Johns River as it passes through downtown Jacksonville.

It wasn't much fun to go alone, I will admit, but it beat staying at home by myself. I did have a good time listening to Mike, Dana, Chad, and Chase 
 play and sing in one of the nice eateries in San Marco. They always do a fabulous job and lift your spirits. I wish I had taken my 
 camera to record some of their music. Mike is superb on they keyboard, and they sing wonderfully, and the boys do a super job too.

The Southside Baptist Handbell Choir played in front of the gazebo. Christmas bells make the music of Christmas feel warm and cozy. Southside Baptist is where Kristy's mother attended church years and years ago before making Southside Assembly her church home for almost fifty years.
 

The San Marco Fire Station was open and let the kiddies sit on their antique fire truck and ring the bell on its side. They all were enjoying the evening.





I can hear the music and feel the spirit now. Christmas is a blessed time--even if you are alone.



3 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps 57v2...God, who fulfills His purpose for ( you)

v3... God sends His love and His faithfulness


Just me

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Gayle said...

Your post yesterday made me sigh. Thanks for sharing so deeply.

Although my spouse of 20 years didn't die (he just found a younger wife) I can so relate to your feelings of aloneness. Even surrounded by those I love, I still feel a bit disoriented.

But as you know, God's grace is sufficient. I've been "disoriented" six years now, and my faith, family and friends are a constant source of strength to me. I marvel daily at God's bountiful supply.

Love the pics today. The gazebo is gorgeous!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

I agree, love the gazebo! Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home