Friday, November 28, 2008

THANKSGIVING DINNER AT TRICIA'S HOUSE

Milton, here for Kristy:

Yesterday on Thanksgiving Day, Nic came up to me at Tricia's and said, "Papa, I miss Nana." 

Later, Julie told me that she always sat by Kristy at Thanksgiving Dinner. This year would be and was different for her. 

Julie sat next to me at the table.

On the way back home to Julie's Thursday evening, Julie asked the boys what the wanted for Christmas? 

Alex said, "I want Nana. I also want my two front teeth. He had an accident at school on Monday and knocked his two top front teeth out."

I talked on the phone with Jennifer in San Juan and we both hurt over missing Kristy. She was supposed to be here today. Why isn't she here. I know the answer, but we all felt her tug, feel, presence.

All these and other moments made for a Thanksgiving like I haven't had in almost 40 years. It was Thanksgiving without Kristy.

I posted yesterday what I was thankful for today. I still feel that way and more. I choose to live with a spirit of thanksgiving year round. I am happier that way and others enjoy being around me more too.

Tricia made the most incredible Thanksgiving Dinner. She has hosted it for our family the last several years. She is so much fun and a real hoot. We laugh and laugh and have the best time. Rick, her husband, is funny too--that's an understatement. 

Tricia and I went for a long horseback ride. I rode Gonzo and she rode Cocoa, her daughter Stephanie's pony. It was a beautiful day to enjoy a long ride and being with my most special, loving family. 
I am so thankful for all of my dear loved ones and friends.

The picture of the motorcycle is of Tim, Janet's husband, and Julie. Can't see Julie's face though. I am on the horse next to Alex and Nic. Nic is riding Cocoa with Stephanie holding the rope. The first picture is Tricia getting the horse ready to ride. Two of my sisters, Janet pictured between Mom and Dad with Tricia sitting next to me, were there along with their spouses and children along with Mom and Dad and Julie and her boys. 

It was a wonderful day. 


Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:12 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Reading your Thanksgiving entries, especially this one, reminds me of a Thanksgiving article I wrote and haven't found a publishing home for. I wrote about how I've lost loved ones in my life, how some things change and some never do, and how I'm thankful for the loved ones who share my holidays with me and my new family members. Maybe one day it'll find a home, in the meantime it brought me peace and comfort to write it. Blessings,
Barb

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being reminded here,

Thanking God
...keeps us aware if His presence
... focuses us on Jesus and drives us to look for His presence in challenging situations
... reminds us of His goodness which leads to submission and hope to His will, even when we don't understand the reason for our pain
... encourages continues dependence on Him
... replace anxiety with peace and joy

Just me

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, you have a wonderful, loving family. So glad y'all had a great Thanksgiving day just being together (and eating Tricia's feast). I like Tim's motorcycle. He'll have to go riding with Don and Randy sometime. By the way, Julie makes a great "biker chick".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home