Saturday, December 13, 2008

MILTON, HERE FOR KRISTY

Milton, here for Kristy;

What does Milton, here for Kristy mean?

It means I am here to write in her absence. Yesterday, I wrote about the first and deeper meaning of these words so I will not be redundant. But it also has the obvious meaning of standing in a dutiful manner and from a bearing responsibility standpoint in ones absence.

I certainly cannot write with the flair and elegance that Kristy could write. She loved to write. I love to have written--though that has now changed. Now, I love to write too.

But, I wrote to fill in during her absence. I had truly prayed, hoped, and desired that she would return to her beloved blog and fulfill the dreams of her heart, but God had another plan and purpose for her. So, I have filled in and tried to honor her wishes to tell her story. 

Her story has not be competed. She is still alive in heaven, but her story here on earth from the view of her continuing to live here is completed. She finished her course here. She crossed the finish line. There is not another race here for her to run here. 

So, I will continue to write in her absence. Now I will assume the role as the writer of this blog and will share from the past, new things presently in my life, and will write the broader view of this story as I see it.

Today will be the last time I will begin my writing with the salutation, "Milton, here for Kristy." I will continue the blog but it will take a new direction and an amazing love story will follow on its pages. You will wipe tears, smile, and know that there is a God who loves us and cares for us and will never fail us. 

6 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,
God bless you in all your future endeavors with this blog, and may it continue to reach out and touch others with the love of God.
Amy in Alabama

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

Looking forward to the new chapter that is about to unfold.

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too look forward to the new chapter in your writing, Milton. God bless you.

Lisa V and her mom

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

I too look forward to the new chapter in your life and writing, although I am wiping away a tear for some reason.
Blessings,

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Godspeed.

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All over the world, this blog is touching people - people that know you and Kristy well - people that have never met either of you. You have written about the power of our awesome God, the power of prayer and the power of the kind of sweet and beautiful love we all want for ourselves.

I have seen how your continued writing on this blog has helped people through not only going through similar grief, but many other issues as well.

I personally have laughed and cried reading this blog. I look forward to reading about your incredible love story and will continue to check up on you as you continue to heal. Kristy is definitely in Heaven watching over you and your daughters.

Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home