Tuesday, December 09, 2008

ONE LITTLE BOY'S PLEA

Milton, here for Kristy:

Nine year old Alexander stood in his school office last week listening to students and parents walk through talking about their Thanksgiving Holiday weekend. One student when asked what he had done for Thanksgiving said that he had gone to his Nana's. 

Alex told this story to his mother, Julie, and said that he almost broke down and cried right there in front of everyone. He said, "I want a Nana."

Kristy was unusually close to all the grands and they miss her so very much. She would sing to them and generally made them feel like a million bucks. Why wouldn't they miss her? 

It was interesting to me that Alex asked for "a" Nana. He knows Kristy isn't coming back and his little heart was crying out for someone to make him feel special. He is not as close to his other grandmother in that she doesn't speak English very well and hasn't shown the interest in him that Kristy did. 

God hears little boys prayers. I am not taking applications for Nana's, but I surely want that little boys plea to be answered.

6 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lord, Please send the perfect Nana to Alex. Thank you, In Jesus Name.

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, I never had a Nana and have always "collected' substitute grandmothers along the way. I'm loving being a grandma now because it fills a void in my heart. I always feel like I'm getting back as much or more than I give to my grandchildren.

Heavenly Father, please shower Alex with your love today. Send someone into his life who can fill that void. Bless him and mold him into the person you created him to become. May Kristy's legacy become a building block of his life. Thank You, Jesus. Amen.

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Heavenly Father, you know the void within little Alex's life at this very moment, especially during the holidays. We give you all the praise for surrounding him with so much love, that he'd be able to sense the love of his precious Nana....at this season of love. And, please send him a special, dear person to feel His little heart to overflowing. You do all things well, Father. We love you. Amen.

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lord...
Send your loving blessings to little Alex who is expressing his desire for his Nana...
Help him endure his loss...
Assure him of his Nana's continual love...
Let him know that you have a plan for a very special little boy like him!
Help him...by comforting his little heart that is broken...
You know how to work a miracle in his life...
Bless him...and his family...
Help his dream come true and his needs be fulfilled...
Touch him with a loving touch...
Comfort his heart..
In Jesus name Amen.

We care about Alex and his needs.
Will keep him in our prayers...
Glad he felt he could trust you with his heart!

Steve and Darlene
Columbia, SC

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, I'm very thankful to say that I've been blessed to be a "nana." My mother is a wonderful, God-loving "nana" to our daughter. So when our daughter had her son, I celebrated with joy that I could finally be a "nana" too. Grandmothers and nanas have a special place in a child's heart.

When our grandson was born, our daughter and he lived with us. Now she and her family live in another state. Our grandson is five now and I'm always reminding him that, during those times when we can't be together, we always carry one another in our hearts. "Where are Nana and Nano when you can't see us," I often would ask. "In my heart!"

I pray that while the Lord answers Alex's need for a "nana," he understands that while he can't see Kristy at this time, that his "nana" is always at his side.

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

I hope he gets a nana, but I know he'll never get one to replace Kristy and in his heart, when he cried out, he meant he wanted Kristy. He misses her. No one will ever replace the special relationship they had, but someone else might help fill the void. He needs to know though he can't see his nana, she's still watching over him from heaven.
Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home