Friday, December 12, 2008

WHY WRITE: "MILTON, HERE FOR KRISTY?"

Milton, here for Kristy:

Kristy was an amazing, gifted romance writer who loved God and had great passion to tell others that His love made romantic love eternally fulfilling. She oozed romanticism and lived it out in our marriage. She made me a romantic and forever changed my life. She made me a better man and a better husband, and a better minister.

Kristy started this blog four years or so ago to promote christian romance and she told our love story in the process. When you go back and read this blog from its beginning you get a broader feel of our love and what God did in our lives.

When she came down with brain cancer, she was the strong one. Her faith, courage, and commitment to Christ still amaze me. She taught so many how to live with joy and then taught us all how to die with peace. Her blog is an amazingly powerful story of christian faith as well as christian romance.

She asked me to photo journal her story when she went into the hospital for brain surgery and initially I didn't feel I could do it. She begged me and at her insistence I wrote and photo journaled her story. This has gone on for well over a year.

When I first wrote, I began writing and gave several different salutations, but quickly it turned into beginning the blog with "Milton, here for Kristy." That salutation basically has two meanings to me.

First, it meant that I was here for her as I had been for over 36 years as her husband, best friend, partner in life and partner in life and partner in ministry. It meant that I would stand with her through the good times and the bad times. It meant that richer or poorer, in sickness and in health that I was here for her. It meant she could count on me. It meant I would cherish her, honor her, love her, hold her, stand with her, believe for her, take care of her, be faithful to her.

Milton, here for Kristy meant that come what may she could depend on me. I wouldn't leave her side. I would see to her needs. I would stand watch over her. I would love her regardless of any and all circumstances she would face.

It meant picking her up and gently placing her in a wheel chair to take her out of the bedroom that she could not move out of by herself. It meant seeing that every need of her life was met as she not longer had the strength or ability to care for herself. It meant that I would be here and walk her through the valley of the shadow of death.

Milton, here for Kristy meant that my dearest, closest, most special friend and lover would not have to wonder or worry about my love or care for her. It meant I was there in every manner of love and care she desired or needed.

Kristy had been here for me all these many years of our marriage. She had held me and stood with me. She had followed me in the hard places and believed in me regardless of my popularity or successes or failures. She walked with me when we had plenty and when we gathered coke bottles once to buy food. She never left, failed, flagged or quit. She held me. She loved me.

Kristy was here for Milton. Could I do any less?

5 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

That's a great explanation!

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, that is a beautiful and moving tribute to a beautiful and loving woman. Your and Kristy's friend, Kathy

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To God be the glory. Your life together reflected Jesus.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

What a beautiful tribute. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Blessings,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Milton. That brought a tear. As plain as it is to see now, I never interpreted your salutation in that manner. Beautiful. Lucky Kristy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home