Thursday, December 11, 2008

WHY I WRITE "MILTON, HERE FOR KRISTY"

Milton, here for Kristy:

I am going to write about the salutation, Milton, here for Kristy,  that I have used when I have written on Kristy's blog. For over a year I have began my writings on this blog with Milton, here for Kristy. I want to express what this means and why I have written and what I feel God has and is doing through Kristy's blog and my being here for Kristy. I will write about this and then the blog is going to take a new direction as I share what God is doing in my life and the blessing of God that continues because of Kristy's unusual love. I promise you are going to be amazed at what I will soon write.

All of the comments on this blog have mean the world to me and my family. Your comments blessed Kristy during her long fight with brain cancer. They encourage her and blessed her and gave all of us strength. I have and still feel the continued prayers of all of you which includes thousands who have never commented. 

Today I felt I should share a comment from yesterday that gives partial reason  why Kristy wrote and why I continue to tell this story. 

Here is the comment:

 Megan said...


Milton, 

Today I was searching on the Internet for "Christian love" and Kristy's blog came up. I read through it for an hour or so and became enthralled with the writing, both hers and yours.

I am at a loss of words right now. I get goosebumps because I know God led me here for a reason. I needed to see faith personified, and sure enough, it seems as Kristy was exactly that. 

I feel so blessed right now to have come across this. I feel inspired and a new sense of faith is pulsating through me right now, a feeling I thought I wouldn't feel again for a long time.

I just thought you should know that even though Kristy is not here with us now, her faith, devotion, and love are still touching others.

-Megan


***


This is part of why I have written "Milton, here for Kristy." I will write more about this and then will start telling a most amazing love story. You will wipe tears and smile and know there is a God who loves and cares for us. 

4 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These last 2 months, I have been reading and hearing ( church sermons, book or blog readings) of this one thing....death of pastor'son only child, death of pastor's eldest or only son, death of loving spouse.

I feel in the Spirit that God wants to do a deep work in the lives of those still living, faith- testing in a way...like Abraham of old, and a preparation of a great and deep work through those who pass the faith test, for God's glory!

God bless

Ps 55 v 22


Just me

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Just proud of Milton here for Kristy. Staying power of Jesus! Praying in San Antonio for Milton here on earth without Kristy.

 
At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your redhead would be so proud of you, Milton. In my heart, I believe she knows the victory you are finding as you face each day anew without her, but with the amazing help of your Lord Jesus.

You asked her to send help, and she followed through. God is doing an awesome work through this blog, through your faithfulness, and through the terrible ordeal of losing one's partner in life.

You are laying up treasures in heaven where thief or moth cannot destroy, and pointing others to a God who is more than enough, Who shouldera our heaviest burdens and walk beside us each step.

Praise God for His faithfulness. May you find each day lighter and each step more joyful, as you follow Him into 2009. God bless you and keep you.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger One Mother with Cancer said...

This post brought tears to my eyes, I too have been so truly blessed by your blog... I hope you continue to post for a long time to come.

April

 

Post a Comment

<< Home