Thursday, November 27, 2008

CAN I BE THANKFUL?

Milton, here for Kristy:

Loss and thanksgiving aren't very easy to compute. How and for what can one be thankful? It is a tough choice and call. I know the Scripture. I can quote it. Thanksgiving makes mental and spiritual sense. It is the emotions that cloud the process. Stolen love taken before its time takes some processing. 

What shall I be thankful for with Kristy gone?

1. For 37 wonderful years of love.

2. For beautiful children who are here to add joy and bless me.

3. For our lives that were committed together with purpose for God.

4. For memories and memories and memories and memories and........

5. For the amazing love Kristy gave in releasing me and pushing me to future and destiny.

6. For dreams that are yet unfolding....

7. For family and dear friends who have held my precious daughters, grands, and me up when we didn't have strength.

8. For comfort through the hope released by Holy Spirit.

9. For good music, Iphones that play it, and songs given in the night.

10. For call, purpose, future, life, love, joy, peace, and amazing grace and help that God has given.

And did I mention that my sister Tricia is cooking a great Thanksgiving feast and I'm invited and don't have to bring anything. She is gracious, loving, and just doesn't want to eat anything I've cooked. They don't have enough Pepto to cover the crowd if they ate my cooking! Ha!

5 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ps 50 v 23

Wow! 10 things to be thankful for....that is a lot!



Just me

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger 365 DAYS OF DANCING IN THE RAIN said...

6. For dreams that are yet unfolding....

Pastor:

I am in the same place as you today. Missing my beautiful Mother the beginning of a lot of "first" The First holiday without her...

You and I are able to dream .... All is not lost....

With all good wishes,
Miss Char Hedgepeth

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Ann Closs said...

We hope you have a blessed thanksgiving! We are all thankful for you and are praying for you.
Love,
Howard, Ann and Adam

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Beach Weddings said...

did you have a great Wedding ?

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Thank God for and in everything. It's better to love and to have lost, than never to have loved at all, as the saying goes. You have your sweet memories,and she's waiting for you in heaven. Blessings, Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home