Monday, November 24, 2008

I AM DOING BETTER....

Milton, here for Kristy:

Sunday the Lord helped me preach His Word. That is my calling and my passion. I am not Billy Graham, but I know what God has called me to do and that is preach.

At lunch after the morning service with a couple from our church, I enjoyed talking with them about church life, their lives, and what God is doing in our fellowship. They have gone through a personal trial the last 18 months or so when he was hit by a driver who ran a red light and ran into his car. The crash did major damage to his ankles and knees and he has suffered untold pain and problem.

He said that he had learned a lot about patience these last months. I visited him many times when he was in the hospital and saw the tough process he has and is going through to recover. It hasn't been easy. Life isn't easy when we are thrown a curve ball.

They said that I seemed to be doing better, and I told them that I was. It hasn't been easy, but I was grateful that after just hearing me preach and spending a few months with them that they felt I was doing better. They could tell I was better in my voice, preaching, and general manner. I am grateful that the healing and grieving process is occurring and that I am going through it to what God has for me. 

God is helping me and your prayers have meant so much. Sunday night I worked at writing and then relaxing watching my Jaguars go down the tube again. It hurts to watch the Jags lose and it hurts to walk through this house with it so quiet and lonely, but God is with me.  I am going to make it.

They said that they felt I was doing better, and I am doing better. God is helping me.

5 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Hi Milton,
thanks for sharing this message with us. I am sure it was an encouragement for you that your friends notice you are doing better. One step at a time, God is leading you on your journey. I am so glad you are being faithful to your calling to preach and to love your people. They are blessed to have a wonderful pastor like you!
May God continue to comfort and strengthen you as you celebrate Thanksgiving with your family this week.
Blessings,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking and praying for your often.

Lisa and her mom.

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are doing better, great to

know. The healing process is

continuing. I think your preaching will have more "life" as well...always that way , I think. A "grief" or ""affliction" always brings with it "fruitfulness" in service if we
focus on Him. Any podcast of your sermons?

Just me

2 chronicles 16v9....eyes of Lord.. STRENGTHEN...whose heart fully committed to HIM"

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Still thinking of you and praying for you and your family.

Kate.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

I've spent my share of time walking through a lonely place. When the Lord is with you, you'll make it and come out stronger for it. God bless you. Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home