Thursday, November 20, 2008

GOD'S WORD IS ALIVE!

Milton, here for Kristy:

God's Word is alive. It speaks to us right where we are in life. Sometimes we go through "fog" and can't see very far ahead, but He helps us get through those times and makes a way.

A friend made a comment a couple days back and shared a verse that spoke to me. Wow, God's word is such an encouragement. God is faithful. When we go through "fogs" you can be sure He is above us and with us and is guiding us.

Read these words from Isaiah 58:11 NIV

The Lord will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a 
sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your 
frame.

Meditate on those words a few moments. Pay attention to these words: guide, satisfy, strengthen... applying these words to your life and needs today. Believe He will guide. Receive His satisfaction. Wait and let Him strengthen you.

Facing the holidays and a quiet, lonely house with no personal warmth is too much to bear. But God gives grace and help.

God's Word is alive. It spoke to me today.

4 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger just me said...

Isaish 58 v 11...I am not going through the same situation as you but on nov 17, I wrote in my blog that that verse ministered to me. Isn't God absolutely relevant and wonderful?
I believe many , in these tough days ahead, ( economically speaking) will be blessed by that verse.

God bless.

Jan

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Could you let me know how to start a blog?
My sweet, sweet husband was called home just two months ago,on September 18th.

Thank you, I'm glad to see this blog still going, I haven't been here for awhile.

Jackie

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

God spoke to me through those words thanks to your sharing them. In a sun-scorched land, Florida. I needed those words about now. God's timing is perfect. Bless you,
Barb

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger A Romantic Porch said...

I'm speaking to a MOPS group this morning...Isaiah 58 v. 11, ties right into one of the points I will be making! Thanks! And I needed the reminder myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home