Wednesday, November 19, 2008

KRISTY REALLY CARED ABOUT ME.....

Milton, here for Kristy:

Tuesday night we had our annual Thanksgiving Dinner for our senior's ministry. I share a Thanksgiving Message each year and did again. I love to spend time with our seniors for they are so loving, positive, and faith-filled. They love their pastor and it makes me feel special--especially right now.

I spoke from Philippians 1 and focused on verse 3 where Paul said that he "gave thanks for you." I dwelt with various aspects of thanksgiving and why, how, and what we should be thankful for. Paul was thankful for people. He gave thanks for "you"--he gave thanks for people close and dear. We should be thankful for God, food, health, jobs, and life in general, but we should also be thankful for people. I told them to turn to the person next to them and say, "I am thankful for you."

At the end of the gathering everyone had left but a few who were finishing cleaning. One of the men came up to me and took real interest in how I was doing. Actually they all did, but he stood an extra amount of time asking about loneliness and other issues in my life. His first wife died and he really knows what I am facing.

After an extended period of talk, he said to me, "Kristy came up to me at church after she came down with her tumor and said to please talk with Milton and help him through his loneliness and hurt. He will need your help."

He said that he told her that he was believing for her healing and she said "thanks." But the point is that she loved me with a love that thought ahead to my needs and did all that she could to help me.

That is incredible love. That is love that lays down your life for another. That is a God love. That is the kind of love we shared.

That is why this is such a huge loss. I will make it through this because she told Jesus to send me some help. I asked her to do this just moments before she passed into heaven. Help came to me last night and it is coming in many and various ways. 

Kristy told Jesus and He is sending me help.

Kristy was one really special, classy lady. She really loved me. I loved her too. 

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton - I lost my husband in December of last year from liver cancer, so I know the pain you are feeling. I know the holidays will be especially hard and am holding on to Jesus for strength to get through. I grew up at SSAG and had the pleasure to know Kristy when I was young, she was also a good friend of my sister, Judy. I will keep you in my prayers for strength and healing. God Bless you.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger just me said...

For you,

a) Col 1 v3


b) 2 Corinthians 1 v 3

God is good

Jan

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How touching!
This brought tears to my eyes. How Kristy was thinking of you back then.
God must have broken the mold when he created her! She is so special!
The more I hear and read about her life is proof! I want to be like her when I grow up!
Praying for you and your family in the days ahead.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Kate said...

One of the things I've really appreciated about Kristy is her acceptance of God's plan for her life...and death.

While praying for folks who appear terminally ill is necessary, so too is listening to them share and acknowledging what they believe God is doing in their life.

Even if it's painful for us.

Giving Thanks for Kristy,

Kate.

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

May God continue to bless and send you the help you need, as you need it. Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home