Monday, November 17, 2008

HERE, READ THIS....please

Milton, here for Kristy:

Sunday was a very hectic and I have lots of thoughts on my mind to write. Here is a tease on the magazine article I am writing about Kristy. Part of the article reads....

Kristy kept her praise, joy, and laughter. She prepared her family and me for our lives without her if the Lord didn’t heal her in this life. Once in the middle of the night as she was moving toward the dying process, her brother, Terry, went into our master bedroom to check on her as she slept in her hospital bed. He couldn't tell if she was breathing and quietly and slowly moved closer and closer to check on her in the darkness of night. Finally he was right up in her face to check when all of a sudden Kristy yelled, “BOO!” Terry almost fainted and had a heart attack, but we all laughed at her amazing spirit and humor....




The magazine article  ends....


We trusted. We prayed. We fasted. We believed. And God healed Kristy. He healed her in heaven.


I held her hand nine months after her diagnosis with a GBM stage four brain tumor as the Lord came into our bedroom and took her with Him to heaven. A spirit of prophecy came over me as I spoke blessing, thanks, and worship to God for a good and faithful wife and friend who partnered with me in life and ministry for 37 years. I told her, “You have done good. You have been faithful. I humbly asked Kristy to tell Jesus to send me some help. I said to her,  “You win. You win. You win.”


And Kristy entered into heaven and walked with Jesus on streets of gold as she received her wonderful healing.


A cloud of peace covered her and a chair of strength kept her every step of the way.


***

It is impossible to write all you would like to say about Kristy in 1600 words or less. I have been writing about her for a year and have so much more to write. 


Wasn't she really something!


7 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your writing is improving every day with every word. i'm anxious to read the rest of this article. it sounds fantastic so far!
God bless you on this journey.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Still praying. So glad you can write about it all.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

Touching words, Milton. LOVE the "boo" part! What a hoot! :-) Of course, I didn't have the privilege of knowing Kristy, but from all I've read, she was a special lady with a special faith. Those who read the article will be blessed.

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How blessed!
How special!
How loved!
How Touching!

The "boo" How cute!
God bless you and keep you!

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger just me said...

Writing about your late wife and sharing memories is definitely blessing many and also therapeutic for you ...praise God.

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Yes, she was really something! I love the title for your article. May God bless you and your writing that it might reach out and touch others and guide them to Jesus. Blessings, Barb

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

I remember the "boo" story. So funny!

Where will your article appear?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home